Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » Console Game Discussions

Post subject: Mass Effect 3
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:33 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I got into Mass Effect from the second one, and played the first after I beat the second, lol. There has never been a single game that I have played over and over and over and over again as the Mass Effect series. I'm still playing the first two games over and over.

Anyway, for any other ME fans here, this is a video I've found that has got me hooked! This looks like it's gonna be Bioware's best game ever.

Post subject: Re: Mass Effect 3
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:39 am 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

Ive played them a lot to, Some of Biowares best achievements. And its a Alberta product lol, made in the studios here in my province woot go us!
Cant wait for the 3rd to come out, at least its getting pushed back a bit so i can play Skyrim in the fall before ME3

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:54 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Alright, I've been keeping up personally with the progress of the game, stoked for the demo Tuesday, but I've not kept it up in here in hopes to peak interest in others. So, I'll start off with the Female Shepard trailer. I like that they are giving FemShep more attention (Although I personally prefer male Shepard), but I hate the new FemShep model with a passion. She looks like a hooker, and I can't believe the community wanted a redhead of all the choices. No offense, but I just can't match Femshep's voice with a redhead. Anyway, here it is.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:57 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Here's the customization trailer.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:58 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

The enemy/AI trailer. I'm really looking forward to this new brand of AI that Bioware says is supposed to be even better, smarter than the first two games. It looks like you're going to be pit up against more versatile foes in this one.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:03 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

And now the multi/co-op trailer.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:16 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Without any spoilers, I'll just say that I am enjoying this game more and more every minute. The story gets more interesting as it plays out, and the connection between characters is much stronger. The dialog is great, and the comic relief (especially with Wrex) is fantastic. The other two games had their moments that made me smile and maybe give a little chuckle, but some parts in this one actually got me to laugh pretty good.

Combat's great, much more smooth and the new armor and weapon designs are sick! I love that they're giving the armors a more realistic and tactical look. You really look like a soldier now, and not some guy running around in a space suit. Customization for your armor and weapons is awesome too. Tons more colors to choose from, although I'm a little disappointed with no new patterns. It's the same three from ME2, but I usually don't even mess with that anyway. Weapon customization is great, but in terms of the appearance, it kinda falls short. Most customizations just change a few tiny, unnoticeable things, and just certain colors on the rifle. Still, the point is they actually work, and that you can actually customize your weapons this time. Enemies so far are great, too and they can be a real pain, but working with your squad mates definitely gives you an edge. My only concerns are that, while unlikely (as most all Bioware's games are pretty lengthy), it's going to be short. If I beat it in the next two days, I'm going to be pretty pissed. That and a crappy ending, which seems unlikely at this point, as the game has had a great story so far.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:04 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Well, I beat my first play through. And a warning: Spoilers ahead, so beware to those who have yet to beat the game. I can't say it was a terrible ending, but it wasn't a great one, either. I had predicted the ending to turn out the way it did, for the most part. But they were building up such a huge and epic story throughout the game, and the ending just kind of fell short in my opinion. There are certain things that didn't make sense in terms of character transfers from the other games. Anderson is an admiral of the Alliance, regardless of whether or not he is a member of the council in the second game, and Udina somehow becomes the council member. As well, even if in the first Mass Effect you let the first council die and they become replaced by a human council, in Mass Effect 3 they are all, aside from Udina, a mix of aliens, basically like the first game.

Additionally, you don't get as many conversation options in this one than the other two, which is not a good thing at all. Too many times Shepard has his/her own lines rather than a choice of what you want him/her to say, and when you do get a choice, it's usually just two options, rather than three or sometimes four/five, which will reduce its re-playability immensely. And sometimes, the story chooses who your squadmates are, rather than let you choose. Ironically, it also seems to let you choose squad members for tasks that don't seem very relevant to choose any squad member. Regardless of what they said about over 1,000 variables, it doesn't seem to exist here at all. Maybe it does, but it's often small things that don't have any huge impact on the main story. The end isn't impacted by much of your choices throughout the story, either. Unless this is just my first play through and I haven't tried other things yet.

My biggest complaint was that the hours of gameplay compared to the other two is significantly cut in half. Unlike the other two games, I actually enjoyed doing all the side missions as much as possible just to make it last longer. The story was really good, and I really felt for each key character that died, but it just didn't last very long. There were only two major fronts in uniting a pair of races (Uniting the Krogan and Turian, and then the Quarians and Geth), and the rest was about six missions leading to the climax, that's it. I've no idea why after uniting the Krogan and Turians you didn't return to Paladen and retake it. That would have definitely helped. As well, it would have been great to help the Asari and Solarians retake their worlds. So much that for reasons I can't fathom, they didn't include to make it longer, and add more depth and variables to the game. It feels incomplete. I know there could be more to add. I really hope Bioware's DLCs coming up will greatly add extension to the story as well as content. It ended too soon, in my opinion.

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » Console Game Discussions