Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » CALL OF DUTY » ZOMBIES!

Post subject: How to install downloaded Nazi Zombie maps
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:28 am 
I want to thank Dupont for finding these maps and the instructions for installing and running them.

There are some new Zombie Mode maps for Co-Op. Some nice maps, and it will give us a break from being in the same two rooms all the time.

First, you need to get the mod/maps from this post:

>>>> http://uza.clanservers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=16

Then, unZIP the archive you downloaded. I will use the "anzio" map as an example. It will create a folder called:

nazi_zombie_anzio

NOTE: If you are using the built-in Windows unZip facility instead of WinRAR or WinZIP you will need to be careful. Windows will try to create a folder called nazi_zombie_anzio and then unZip the archive into this, creating ANOTHER nazi_zombie_anzio folder inside the first one. Be sure you end up with just a folder called nazi_zombie_anzio (or whatever the name is) with 5 files in the folder. If you open the folder and there is another folder with the same name, you need to only copy over the inside one to the "mods" folder, or it won't work.

Following are instructions for installing nazi_zombie_anzio in COD World at War. The instructions are slightly different for Vista and XP, so make sure you follow the correct ones! After the installation instructions will be a section on how to run it which is the same for both Vista and XP. Installing the other (and all future) maps is exactly the same.

Installing the mod/map

You will be putting the folder "nazi_zombie_anzio" into this folder on your PC:

VISTA:
C:\Users\your_name\AppData\Local\Activision\CodWaw\mods

XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\your_name\Local Settings\Application Data\Activision\CodWaw\mods

YOU WILL HAVE TO CREATE THE "mods" FOLDER IF IT DOESN'T EXIST

So you will end up with:

VISTA:
C:\Users\your_name\AppData\Local\Activision\CodWaw\mods\nazi_zombie_anzio

XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\your_name\Local Settings\Application Data\Activision\CodWaw\mods\nazi_zombie_anzio

If you are comfortable with this already, then skip to the running instructions. It's all you have to do to install it, copy the folder into the right directory and you are done.

If you need some help with putting the folder in the right place:

First, you may need to unhide "hidden files and folders" to see some of the folders in Vista or XP. Go to "My Computer" and set "show hidden files and folders" under "folder options"

Vista:

XP:

Vista:

XP:

Then go to the appropriate CodWaW folder. IF THE "mods" FOLDER DOESN'T EXIST, YOU WILL NEED TO CREATE IT.

Vista: C:\Users\your_name\AppData\Local\Activision\CodWaw

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\your_name\Local Settings\Application Data\Activision\CodWaw

Vista:

XP:

Then just drag and drop or copy and paste the entire "nazi_zombie_anzio" folder into the new "mods" folder

Vista:

XP:

Running the new Zombie map

In Solo/CO-OP, select MODS and "launch the "nazi_zombie_anzio" mod. ALL PLAYERS MUST launch the mod to play.

Then everyone except the person who is going to "host" the match stay at that "Solo/Co-Op" screen. The host will set up the zombie game exactly as they always do, with the exception that they will select the map "nazi_zombie_anzio" when they change the game type to "Zombie Mode".

The host will then invite folks as usual, and when everyone is in the lobby, start the game as usual.

Problem Solving

Q: "When I go to MODS on the Solo/Co-Op screen, the "nazi_zombie_anzio" mod isn't listed!"
A: You didn't put the folder with the map/mod in the right place. No, you didn't. Really, you didn't. I know, I know, you still didn't. Start over. Be careful, there is an "Application Data" folder under "C:\Documents and Settings\your_name" THIS IS THE WRONG ONE. You want the one under "C:\Documents and Settings\your_name\Local Settings".

Q: "When the game starts my Call of Duty beeps, crashes, leaves a huge black square on the screen and gives me an error message "unexpected end of file in zone nazi_zombie_anzio info"
A: You have an older or corrupted version of the map. Get a fresh copy and try again.

Q: "Can I test this somehow on my own to see if it works?"
A: You bet. at the Solo/Co-Op screen, select MODS and "launch" the "nazi_sombie_anzio" mod. Then pull down the console with the tilde "~" key and type "/map nazi_zombie_anzio" and hit enter. This will launch the mod/map in "single player" mode so you can kill zombies on your own.

Post subject: Re: How to install downloaded Nazi Zombie maps
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:48 am 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Hello there! thank you for telling the installation process i really need it .

Post subject: Re: How to install downloaded Nazi Zombie maps
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:08 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Daisy221 wrote:
Hello there! thank you for telling the installation process i really need it .

What you really need is to load up Call of Duty 2 and join us on Saturday Nights for some awesome fun with custom maps and extreme mod! ;)

Board index » CALL OF DUTY » ZOMBIES!