Board index » OTHER GAMES WE PLAY » Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Post subject: Server update today.
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:19 am 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

R10 Server Upgrade Information
Apr 20, 2010 - 6:12pm EDT
Just got back word on the official timeline:

"All game servers will be taken down for updates on Wednesday Apr 21st, at 09:00AM (GMT+2). They should all be back by 11:59AM (GMT+2)."

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/bc2- ... -info.html

To sum it up, servers will be taken down for about 3 hours during this maintenance window so that they can all be upgraded to R10. Start time is 9am GMT+2 (3am EST, 2am CST, 1am PST) GameServers.com will bring all servers down promptly at 3am EST and will begin the upgrade process. At around the end time of the maintenance period, all servers will be back up and on R10. Depending on where you are in the random queue your server maybe up quicker than this time.

http://tinyurl.com/bqqrvx

Post subject: Re: Server update today.
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:22 am 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

All done. Only problem I found was our server was greyed out in my favourites. I just deleted it and put it back in again. It did not remember where I was to resume single player either.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:09 pm 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

R11 Patch being rolled out now
Apr 21, 2010 - 2:00pm EDT
An emergency R11 patch was released today once it was discovered that R10 had some issues that warranted an emergency patch.

GameServers.com is now deploying this patch to all servers.

Here is the current fix list:

This fixes:

Favourites lists
If you have ANY R10 servers in your favourites list you will continue to get the bug where they all appear as the top R10 server. We will be making sure all providers update R10 servers to R11.

Squad Death Match and Squad Rush showing as Hardcore
Neither of these game modes will force Hardcore to be shown anymore. Instead read the Why do servers become HC? thread as to what will make a server appear as Hardcore.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:43 am 
Found Submit Button
Found Submit Button

So far haven't noticed any crashes to the desktop with this patch but I have noticed other problems with this patch I wasn't having before the patch happened. Stuff like having to hit the one spawn button like 20 times to get in after dying or just going into the game. Apparently last night when I got into our server it was hardcore instead of the normal softcore server that we have been playing on since our server first came up. It had a limited hud people were complaining about and I think even Grover said that the map before it wasn't hardcore so I dunno if it changed when loading a new map or what. I thought the server had to be restarted and stuff for it to be hardcore. After that it was when I was trying to respawn that I had a punkbuster error while respawning something about the heartbeat being off with punkbuster. I have never had that error in any other game with punkbuster.

Just to me it seems they broke more than they fixed with the patch I am not sure about everyone else though.

Board index » OTHER GAMES WE PLAY » Battlefield: Bad Company 2