Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » CALL OF DUTY » Call of Duty - Black Ops

Post subject: Re: Who is planning on getting this.
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:22 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

{uZa}Having Fun wrote:
{uZa}mattbaker wrote:
I just downloaded black oops from steam for $59.99 it took me 1 hour and 50 min to load.It is all most A gig download Dam :shock:

not the cheapest 1 to buy from, 59.99 here too... only in euro's = $84 :shock: 0

1 Gb download took you almost 2 hours ... are you on dial-up ? :lol:

lol,no I have fiber optics with 20/5 speed.The slow down was on steams side avg 685 kg.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:34 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I finished pre-loading mine off Steam. I was surprised, it didn't take as long as I thought it would. I kinda wish I picked it up a the store instead, but I hate having to go to the store. I like to play as soon as I can, or as soon as it comes out.

Alas! I must work that day, but it's an early shift so I'll be able to play that night. :)

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:48 am 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

{uZa}mattbaker wrote:
I just downloaded black oops from steam for $59.99 it took me 1 hour and 50 min to load.It is all most A gig download Dam :shock:

A gig, :shock: a bit more than that I think :D

*Call of Duty®: Black Ops requires an initial hard drive space of approximately 24GB to download and install the game via digital download (8GB of compressed files, 8GB of decompressed files and 8GB of installed files). Upon installing the game, 16GB (compressed and decompressed files) may be deleted from the hard drive. Please make note of where the compressed and decompressed files are being saved on your hard drive in order to later locate these temporary files for removal.

http://tinyurl.com/bqqrvx

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:35 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

{uZa}Renegade wrote:
{uZa}mattbaker wrote:

A gig, :shock: a bit more than that I think :D

*Call of Duty®: Black Ops requires an initial hard drive space of approximately 24GB to download and install the game via digital download (8GB of compressed files, 8GB of decompressed files and 8GB of installed files). Upon installing the game, 16GB (compressed and decompressed files) may be deleted from the hard drive. Please make note of where the compressed and decompressed files are being saved on your hard drive in order to later locate these temporary files for removal.

Oh ok,thanks for the info I might need A little help with that being that I am A little technically challenged :oops: .I'm going to have to jump on vent during the day to talk to you about soon. ;)

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:41 am 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

I am getting mine from the store, so I have no idea where it puts the files. I would imagine the files for deleting will be the ones that are on your PC now, and have not installed the game just yet. Once it installs it will most likely put the game on your C drive in the steam folder.

http://tinyurl.com/bqqrvx

Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:32 pm 
Found Submit Button
Found Submit Button

Just put my order in at NewEgg yesterday B)

Post Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:52 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Just finished the Single Player today... It's the best SP in the entire Call of Duty franchise, imo. Incredible story, and with a nice twist in the end. And it's more than the same old, "Stop the communists before they destroy America and take over the world!". Because it tells that story in a much more mature and complex way. Not just some wacked-out communist Soviet bastard who is making secret WMDs. The conspiracy in this story is so riveting and well-structured. Hats off to Treyarch for a master piece of a Campaign. The twist in the end is the best part, after you beat the game. Can't tell, though. It's a secret. ;)

And the multi-player is also well done. Of course, Treyarch didn't need to do much. IW has pretty much taken care of the multi-player elements. Treyarch just added a few new details, such as the ranking system, and weapons. I think the online will be even better knowing we have full control of our servers again, plus zombies and co-op. All I gotta do is fix my little video problem as well as Treyarch fixing the lag issues, and this game will be fantastic! :D

Board index » CALL OF DUTY » Call of Duty - Black Ops