Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » OTHER GAMES WE PLAY » Battlefield: 3

Post subject: First Impressions?
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:00 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Wondering how the game is running for everyone. As for myself, I'm getting no FPS problems, and have only had one lock-up that forced me to shut the game down with the Task Manager. Haven't tried multi yet, because I've heard it's having some big problems. I'm going to give it a shot later.

Post subject: Re: First Impressions?
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:38 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Alright, so I've played my first couple hours of the multiplayer. So far, I'm liking it, even though I'm getting smacked around. After some driver updates, I've had no crashes, but the game sometimes tells me it can't start when I try to join a server. Unfortunately, however, the latency carries over into BF3, and sometimes it's worse than what it was in BC2. A lot of guys wont drop until about three-quarters of a second after you shot them. Also, it may be just the fact that I don't have any high-explosives perk yet, but it takes a ridiculously large amount of rockets to kill a tank. Hell, now it takes about three or four just to kill a fast-mover! And even after four or so rockets, you've only disabled the tank, and need to hit it about one or two more times to finish it off.

That said, I think DICE has really out-done themselves on the teamplay and careful tactical aspect. And most everyone seems to be following through with team-play. Aside from the occasional lone wolf I see sprinting about, you'll almost always see groups of at least two or three moving cover to cover, assisting each other however they can. And believe me: When you're with a functioning group of about seven to ten guys, you're almost completely unstoppable. So long as it's not a group of all the same classes. Prone is a fantastic feature on your side, and a pain in the ass when it's not. It allows your opponents to get some serious position and suppressing fire on you and your team. On your side, it allows you to do the same, and helps to provide excellent cover when trying to sneak, or escape gunfire (provided you duck behind something that wont get chipped away too fast). It's allowed me to get flanking positions and move from enemy fire in ways BC2 would have gotten me stuck or killed. The guns have incredible kick. I'd almost always recommend using the semi-auto fire on your rifle for medium to long engagements. Even the SMGs give a good kick. As I suspected, Metro was merely a small piece of what the whole game offered. People complained about the lack of destruction in the alpha and beta, and I can now rest my case: The destruction is very realistic. When they said "micro destruction", they weren't kidding. Pieces of just about anything can be chipped away from gunfire, and nearly every building is accessible and is more flexibly destructible than in BC2. Haven't had a chance to fly anything, or even drive a vehicle, yet. Right now, I'm just focused on getting the fundamentals down, and familiarizing myself with each of the maps (which, thus far, seem superb). Lastly, the sounds are incredible. Ten times better than that of BC2. Look forward to playing with some of you guys later. :)

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:20 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Brightside,
What CPU and graphics card are you running?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:14 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

I am blown away be the graphics and the sound!.. A few lags now and then but great playing for just starting out.

Q9650
8 M Ram
GTX570
Windows 7 64 bit

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:16 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I'm running a GeForce GTX560, Windows 7 32-bit, and barely reaching the 4m of Ram recommended to run the game (I actually have to turn down my graphics to medium to prevent memory crashes).

Windows Vista is the required operating system to run the game, as well as a DX10 supporting video card.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:38 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

So far so good.I'm just happy to have a new game with new maps.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:45 am 
Found Submit Button
Found Submit Button

Well as for myself I am on the lower end of the spectrum for the hardware requirements. I have everything turned on low but I do have some lag. I think its more of the game and server lag not my hardware though. I just unlocked the mortar tube for the support and I have to say that is a blast. Might be one of the things to actually use in rush to get those defenders down or from a secure spot in conquest. I unlocked it and got 2 kills with it right away. Other than a few crashes here and there and black screens when I load new maps I have to force it down and restart BF3. Still its better than the alternative I have to say.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:03 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Last edited by {uZa} I_DI_EZ on Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:15 am 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

First impression. :( Is how nice the box looks, seeing as the UK does not get to play it until Frday. :x

http://tinyurl.com/bqqrvx

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:23 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

{uZa}Renegade wrote:
First impression. :( Is how nice the box looks, seeing as the UK does not get to play it until Frday. :x

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't get to play until November 13th, my wife bought the game but it is for my birthday. :cry: :P

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:37 am 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

I am building a new computer just for this game and COD3 and Skyrim. My current rig is 6 years old, a Pentium D 3ghz with 2 gigs of ram and windows XP. The new computer is my first attempt at building a computer.

ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 (Motherboard)
Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition (Case)
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 (RAM)
Intel 510 Series (Elm Crest) SSDSC2MH120A2K5 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (Primary Drive)
WD 1.5 TB (Secondary Drive)
Sony DVD
NEC CD/RW
CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200 (Power Supply)
2 x EVGA DS Superclocked 015-P3-1587-AR GeForce GTX 580 (Graphics Cards (SLI BABY)
Intel Core i7-2700K Sandy Bridge 3.5GHz (Processor)
SAMSUNG P2770HD Rose Black 27" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

All that from Newegg. I have in my posession the CPU and Graphics cards. I am still waiting on the rest to be delivered, hopefully friday I can start building this thing. Yes I know its overkill but I dont plan on buying a new computer for another 6 years.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:31 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Recon
If you can afford it, there is no such thing as overkill. Good luck with your new build!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:07 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

After a little over a week, DICE has finally begun to patch the game up, and I'm having little to no problems playing. The lag is much better, although the latency remains. Game play is great, and I'm just overall happy with how the game is. The maps are great, even though they are smaller than the maps from the classic BF games, I still thoroughly enjoy them, and feel this is a big step up from BF2.

Unfortunately, it appears you can't please everyone. So many people on the battlelog forums are pissing and moaning about the game not being like BF2. But honestly, isn't the goal to be different? Improve? Based on what people are complaining about, all they really wanted was BF2 with updated graphics. If that was the case, there would be no need to go to BF3. I think BF3 has simply evolved, and gaming has forever changed since the release of BF2. The CoD franchise has forever made an imprint on the world of FPS, and BF3 merely adapted that with their own style of FPS. Still, some people, the over-kill BF fans will not be pleased. Doesn't matter, most people enjoy it, it seems. I'm definitely coming along. 8-)

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:19 am 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

What I would like to have seen is the Bad company 2 single player story carry on. They left the ending open, instead we got what is basically a Black Ops copy.

http://tinyurl.com/bqqrvx

Post Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:36 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

The Battlefield 3 story was supposed to follow a different story completely. Basically, in the BF3 SP, the BC characters don't even exist, Bad Company doesn't even exist. From what I've heard, though, BC3 has been confirmed.

I will be honest, the SP in BF3 was a let-down, even though BF has always focused on multiplayer, I wanted a full, blown-out single-player with the Frostbite engine to its max. It's the engine of FPS right now, and it deserves to have a fantastic story go to it, I think. Been nice if the SP was actually like a "battlefield". I would love to have had a mission in an A-10 Warthog, gunship, and large-scale battles, like a battlefield! Instead we got the familiar CoD-based urban combat sequences with a better engine, aside from I think two vehicle-based missions. And the story they used is so washed up, it's time to really come up with something else.

Board index » OTHER GAMES WE PLAY » Battlefield: 3