Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » OTHER GAMES WE PLAY » Battlefield: 3

Post subject: Four Squad Match - 10 Mar
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:15 am 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Hello all (and Mr. Pow)

OTF is organizing a four squad match as detailed below. Check it out and let me know what you think.
We're approaching the squads C4, uZa, and MEOW for a friendly get together. I sent a PM to
LonesomeEagle but wasn't sure if it was sent to due browser malfunction.

--------------------------------

Spring 2012 Four Squad BF3 Match

All

OTF proposes a friendly four squad BF3 match between squad friends on 10 March, 2012, to generate and maintain relationships in our long standing community. This is for fun and not a competitive event.

The match can be hosted by OTF on our 32 player player server or a server that is mutually agreeable. Two teams of 16 players, 32 players total, will face off in a three or five mixed map match involving enhanced teamwork and stradegy for a one to two hour gaming event.

Each team will be made up of two squads of eight players. Each squad will work with the other squad to create a winning stradegy and work out tactics and positioning, however they wish to do this, in hopes of defeating those of the opposing team. Each squad uses their own Teamspeak/Vent facilitating a "fog of war". Squad leaders are required for match co-ordination and communication.

Proposed Time-line:

12 Feb - Initial idea distributed;
22 Feb - Finalize the squads who will be attending, warm fuzzy level of interest and tentative how many players per squad may attend, and an idea who will host the game server;
26 Feb - Mutually agree on server profile, match characteristics, the maps and the rotation;
28 Feb - Having agreed on the maps, squad leaders tee up with their teams/squads and arrange for their own training practices for the generation of stradegy and tactics for match night;
7 Mar - Last minute issues;
10 Mar - Tentative match night, propose 10 Mar 20:00 at CST, final time and date mutually negotiable.

If interested, please contact Bert-OTF at bert@operationstaskforce.com or on the OTF forums at http://www.operationstaskforce.com I'll be acting as the overall coordinator of the event.

Post subject: Re: Four Squad Match - 10 Mar
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:42 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

this sounds like a fun night anybody interested in getting a squad together?

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:13 pm 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

Hi and welcome to our forum. I doubt you will get a reply from LE. Your best bet would be to PM Dellis or mr.brightside who would pass this message on for you :)

http://tinyurl.com/bqqrvx

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:05 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Thanks for the PM Dellis.

Feb 18 Status

MEOW says they cannot field enough players and are not interested in pursuing the match. OTF and C4 are a go. So we still need a fourth squad.

I've asked Dellis to make a recommendation for a squad, and I may approach the squad "Instant Impact" http://www.instantimpact.us/ .
From my point of view, the match is basically a go, with the caveat we find a fourth squad of our similar play style which
seems very likely.

The draft details and particulars will be available on the Feb 22nd for discussion. You may want to think about how many maps (3 or 5 map
event), what specific maps, hardcore or not, who should server (OTF can serve) and game types you want to play.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:19 pm 
Found Submit Button
Found Submit Button

Hey Bert,

Let me see if our buddies in the 209th or SS would be interested. I will ask them this evening if they happen to be on.

Also, on our server we play every saturday night a round of matches, mixed rush and conquest, we divide into 2 teams on vent and just have fun.

We start at around 8pm central time and would love to have you and others join up. We can also do Teamspeak as we have it set up.

Delly

Post Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:16 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Rgr

I've let C4 know. Let me know what the other squad thinks. Would like to get the forth squad figured out soon.

As an example, heres the match/server/game/map details to discuss:

The match characteristics are:
1. Server Host: Who will host the game?
2. Server Profile: Hardcore or Custom? Particulars?
3. Players: 8 per squad, 16 per team, 32 plays total (additional players welcome if teams are balanced)
4. Teams: US Team (Squad A + Squad B), Rus Team (Squad C + Squad D)
5. Maps: Tehran Hwy (conquest, large); Gulf of Oman (conquest, large)
Sharqi Penninsula (TDM) as examples - Will it be three or five map match?
6. Map Win Conditions: 200 kills Conquest, 200 kills TDM?
7. Win Conditions: Best two out of three maps, or three of five. Looser buys the beer after the third map.
8. Date/Time 10 Mar at 20:00 CST
9. Teams may share TS server or squads provide own TS. Coordinators meet at OTF TS before game. Meet
again after game.

This give us the event information, timings, and what to expect. Once we agree, then the teams can break off
into their own squads hopefully by Feb 28, coordinate as a teamif they so choose and perform their own
training/stradegy/tactics/practice.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:38 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Hi all

I'm considering this match a go.

The squads that are playing on 10 Mar are OTF, C4, uZa, and the Outlawz.
http://www.outlawzclan.net/

I'll post the draft server, maps, and team details on the weekend and we can wrangle out the stuff then.

If OK, we'll use this forum thread for inter-squad information sharing.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:24 am 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

I'll propose these match details. Teams OTF/Outlawz and C4/uZa. OTF hosting. What maps and best two of three, or three of five?
Comment for concensus.

The Four Squad Match for Saturday 10 Mar 20:00 CST is confirmed. It will be a 16 vrs 16 match,
each team made of up two squads of 8 players, winner takes two of three maps. If 8 players
can't be generated, consider squad friends.

The match characteristics are tentative:
1. Server Host: OTF server http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/se ... e-Rush-HC/
2. Server Profile: Hardcore, OTF standard, FF on but kicks set to 99 (infinite), all weps, all profiles, all vehs
3. Players: 2 X 8 per squad, 16 players team, two teams of 32 players total.
4. Squads/Team: Team1 OTF & Outlawz, Team2 C4 & uZa;
5. Maps: Tehran Hwy (conquest, small); Gulf of Oman (conquest, large);
Sharqi Penninsula (TDM). (Extend with a assault/rush map like Wake Isl or Noshsr Canals?)
6. Map Win Conditions: 250 kills Conquest, 250 kills TDM.
7. Win Conditions: best two out of three maps or three out of five.
8. Date/Time 10 Mar at 20:00 CST
9. Squads to use own TS/Vent
10. Rules: Baseraping of x-spawn discouraged except if offensive fire originates from location.

Post Posted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:51 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

All

Four Squad BF3 Match - 10 Mar at 19:00 CST - Five map match
--------------------------------------------------------------

These are the details for the match on 10 Mar. I've sent PMs to each of the squad match
coordinators with additional info.

The squads in the teams will have to jointly work out collective stradegies/tactics.

On 10 Mar, please arrive on the OTF server by 18:50 CST, players moved at 18:55, and game
start at 19:00. With five maps in the rotation, match length shouldn't be longer than 2 hrs.

The match characteristics are:
1. Server Host: OTF will host the 32 player BF3 game server.
2. Server Profile: Hardcore, OTF standard, with FF on infinite.
3. Players: 8 per squad, 16 per team, 32 plays total (squad friends welcome if teams are
balanced).
4. Teams: TEAM1 C4 and uZa, TEAM2 OTF and Outlawz.
5. Maps (32 player versions): Wake Isl (assault, small); Wake Isl (assault, small, reversed),
Grand Bazar (conquest, large),Tehran Hwy (rush, large), Tehran Hwy (rush, large, reversed).
6. Map Win Conditions: 200 ticket Conquest/Assault.
7. Win Conditions: Best three of five maps.
8. Date/Time 10 Mar at 19:00 CST.
9. Squads provide own TS/Vent. Coordinators meet at OTF TS before game. Meet again after
game for the grip and grin.
10. OTF server admin at 18:55 CST will move players to the correct team before match time
11. Rules: No offensive fire into the x-spawn (main spawn). Usual stuff; no cheating, no foul
language, no intentional use of glitches, be aware BF3 isn't realistic and variable network
connections increases the perception of BS.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:00 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

All

The Four Squad match on 10 Mar is cancelled. The Outlawz aren't able to make it and I doubt we'll be able to scrape up a fourth squad
in time. Without any input to the above information as well, its hard to gauge actual interest and who will show up. Maybe some
other time.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:23 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

10/4 Thanks for looking out.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:07 pm 
Found Submit Button
Found Submit Button

Hey Bert,

I and the other clans members are still interested, sorry for not getting back with you as the job keeps me busy and tired.

Let me ask the 209th guys and see if we can still get something going, perhaps just pushed back a week or so. It sounds like fun and we do very much appreciate your work in all this.

Delly

Board index » OTHER GAMES WE PLAY » Battlefield: 3