Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge

Post subject: Re: Those Mean Spirited Israeli's
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:26 am 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

{uZa}mr. brightside wrote:
This all may be true, or it may not, I don't care. For me, the simple fact is that Israel is surrounded by people who despise their every existence, and will do anything, in any way, to destroy Israel, and these enemies know that militarily, they are no match for Israel, so like any other terrorist organization, they use guerrilla tactics, and "covert" ways to sabotage Israel. So, Israel can never sleep, and I just don't see anything wrong with them being two-hundred percent suspicious of their hostile enemies. If even the slightest clue of a threat arises somewhere, I don't blame them for one second to go investigate, even if it is false. In that situation, you have two choices, one: Do nothing and wait for something to happen, or two: Try and hit them before they hit you. I don't know about anyone else but if I have a hunch a guy wants to kill me, I wouldn't wait around to see if he actually does.

I agree Mr Brightside, but I also believe that Israel land is for God's chosen people and was given to the Israeli's. Also they are surronded but Arab countries in the region that would do ANYTHING to get that land or make that country a muslim county.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:37 pm 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

Post Posted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:34 pm 
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

I don't have a problem what they do over there - even if it's a bit heavy handed. They are surrounded by bad guys so do what's necessary.

My problem with Israel is the powerful AIPAC here in this country and the influence they have over every facet of our government. Try explaining to my father [a Korean War vet with a Silver Star and two Bronze Starts for valor] how a foreign country can dictate to Congress - our Congress - on what language should be used in new bills up for discussion in the House and Senate. He doesn't understand how the best interests of our country is served by this. I guess I didn't have a good answer for him..

Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:31 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Pitt, this is why I will advocate for a non-interventionist foreign policy if elected to Congress. The fact is that your father, bless his heart, should not have had to go to Korea to fight another country's war, an UNDECLARED war at that. Far too many of America's sons and daughters have died fighting in wars that we had no business being in. We still have troops stationed in over 130 countries around the globe and right now we may see our troops along the DMZ in Korea engaged in fighting yet again. To what end?!!

Israel has a right to defend itself, as any sovereign nation does. As you said, given their location and the stated goal of many of their neighbors to eradicate them from the face of the planet, I can see how they might be a little skittish. No nation should have such influence over our political process, however, in point of fact, they probably have every right to expect it, as we continually interfere in their political process. How many times has Israel begun to respond to an attack against them only to have our SoS step in and say, "No! You should stop and let us handle this through negotiations." If we, the U.S., would just shut up and get the hell out of their way Israel could and would handle their problems quite efficiently, I am sure. In fact, does anyone doubt that were we to step out of the way that Israel would have solved the Iranian "problem" by now?

I await the World's condemnation of Hamas, Iran, and all the others who constantly threaten and/or bomb Israel. I won't hold my breath while I'm waiting.

I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:32 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Pitthunter wrote:
I don't have a problem what they do over there - even if it's a bit heavy handed. They are surrounded by bad guys so do what's necessary.

My problem with Israel is the powerful AIPAC here in this country and the influence they have over every facet of our government. Try explaining to my father [a Korean War vet with a Silver Star and two Bronze Starts for valor] how a foreign country can dictate to Congress - our Congress - on what language should be used in new bills up for discussion in the House and Senate. He doesn't understand how the best interests of our country is served by this. I guess I didn't have a good answer for him..

That one I may have to agree on.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:26 pm 
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

{uZa}fcbcynic+SC+ wrote:
Pitt, this is why I will advocate for a non-interventionist foreign policy if elected to Congress. The fact is that your father, bless his heart, should not have had to go to Korea to fight another country's war, an UNDECLARED war at that. Far too many of America's sons and daughters have died fighting in wars that we had no business being in. We still have troops stationed in over 130 countries around the globe and right now we may see our troops along the DMZ in Korea engaged in fighting yet again. To what end?!!

Israel has a right to defend itself, as any sovereign nation does. As you said, given their location and the stated goal of many of their neighbors to eradicate them from the face of the planet, I can see how they might be a little skittish. No nation should have such influence over our political process, however, in point of fact, they probably have every right to expect it, as we continually interfere in their political process. How many times has Israel begun to respond to an attack against them only to have our SoS step in and say, "No! You should stop and let us handle this through negotiations." If we, the U.S., would just shut up and get the hell out of their way Israel could and would handle their problems quite efficiently, I am sure. In fact, does anyone doubt that were we to step out of the way that Israel would have solved the Iranian "problem" by now?

I await the World's condemnation of Hamas, Iran, and all the others who constantly threaten and/or bomb Israel. I won't hold my breath while I'm waiting.

Point granted. However, if they take 3 - 6 billion of our dollars every year in foreign aid and have access to our latest military technology, one would expect intervention of some sort. Remember, every bullet, bomb and rocket they have has 'Made in USA' stamped on it.

By the way, I read him your response and he also agrees. That said, he still doesn't want a foreign government dictating anything to his president or congress. His words: They should be lucky to have us allies and not worry about meddling in our internal affairs. He's not pissed at them - he's pissed at our government for letting it happen. LOL

Nice to see you're still around cynic :D

Pitt

Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:57 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Pitthunter wrote:
Nice to see you're still around cynic
:D

Pitt

Cynic has been round for as long as we have known him. :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:06 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

{uZa}Studdog wrote:
Pitthunter wrote:
Nice to see you're still around cynic
:D

Pitt

Cynic has been round for as long as we have known him. :lol:

I resemble that remark. x09

I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery!

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge