Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge

Post subject: Venting a few random thoughts!
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:57 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I was watching a video of one of the top Muslims that is pushing for the mosque at ground zero. Over and over he kept saying this is a battle of Constitutional rights. I wanted so bad to reach into the screen and slap the guy and tell him he just doesn’t get it. I have yet to hear ANYONE say that they do NOT have a Constitutional right to build a mosque. Of course they do! Yet this guy was one of the people making a big stink over a Florida Pastor that wanted to burn the Koran (Qur'an). Just like him, that Pastor has the Constitutional right to burn the Koran, but just because he has the right doesn’t make it okay.

We have the right to burn the Bible, but that doesn’t make it okay!
We have the right to protest at soldiers funerals, but that doesn’t make it okay!
We have the right to burn the American Flag, but that doesn’t make it okay!
We have the right to build a mosque at ground zero, but that doesn’t make it okay!

When a group does something offensive to a second group, they should almost always expect a retaliation of something offensive from the second group. It’s a never ending battle!

Christians and Muslims can and should get along, and can build a great nation. It’s been done before, if memory serves me correct. As I recall, most of our founding fathers were Christian, but not all. One was a Muslim, and he was proud to be an American. Just like many American Muslims are today.

My not so humble opinion: The Florida Pastor and the Muslim building the mosque both need a good slap in the face! I’m sure that wouldn’t make them want to retaliate! :shock:

Question:
Why does everyone think just because they have a right, that they must be right?
Answer:
The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise. Proverbs 12:15

Just an afterthought:
Have the Muslims ever considered that the overwhelmingly Christian Armed Forces of the United States of America has burnt more Korans on Islamic soil than anyone can shake a stick at. They were burnt into ashes by using AGM-1148 Hellfire missiles and GBU-43/B MOABs. Yet they are offended at an American burning one or a few Korans.
I understand they consider it a holy/sacred book and it should not be desecrated, but yet many care less of what others hold as Holy.

Political correctness and the idea of freedom FROM religion are destroying our country. The US population is mainly Christian, so I expect to experience more Christian things in this country than other religions. That doesn’t mean other religions shouldn’t be shared to. For example, when I went to public school there was a VOLUNTARY morning prayer every day before classes began. As should be expected, the prayers were mainly Christian, yet I would not be offended if a Muslim prayed to Allah, or a Satanist prayed to Satan, or a Witch prayed to Mother Earth, or even if an Atheist just asked for a moment of silence for meditation. I wouldn’t be bothered by any of the above and more, at a government function, business function, or personal function. Just because someone is praying to someone that I wouldn’t, doesn’t mean that I have to be praying in my heart to that same someone, or even praying at all. That’s the beauty of freedom of religion and not freedom from religion. It’s not a question of who’s right and who’s wrong. It’s a question of do we truly believe in our freedoms. The more political correctness and freedom FROM religion are pushed in this country, the more we are losing our real freedoms.

Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight! Isaiah 5:21

Post subject: Re: Venting a few random thoughts!
 Post Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:36 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Very well said Stud. I am a christian but i hold no bad will to any one that has a different religon or does not have a religon. What I do not agree with, is if a religon of ANY type being forced on someone or someone not being allowed to practice a religon, whether I agree with it or not. Also we live in a Laodicean times, where people are worried about there rights and the right of the people. Not about whether its common sense to do it or not. About a mosque near ground zero, I personally am aginst it. Not because they dont have the right. Because its in bad taste. Would ANY muslim county allow a christian especially jewish worship building in there country by an area that maybe muslims suffered in the past at the hands of any christian group......ahhhhh NO. And that would be wrong if any tried to do that there. I understand it was a group of people that attacked the WTC (in theory) not a religon but building a mosque there is in horrible taste even thoug they have the right.

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge