Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge

Post subject: The Clan
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:05 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

The clan. What does it mean. It means a community of individuals getting together and enjoying a common interest. However what I have found over the past twelve years is a theme. People come and people go, issues in folks lives will dictate whether or not they stay involved or just go away without saying a word. This happens all the time, we have even had it happen in our clan. In talking with other clan founders/admins they have seen the same thing happening in there clans.

We (the old timers) have found ourselves looking for the old crew, the good old days, Servers full, vent hopping and the good times that come with a good server. It seems if the server isnt full the voice server sits empty. The reason you joined the clan was because of a common interest. What happened to that? The common interest. We need to get back to that. If your not in game it doesnt matter, maybe someone is in the voice server. We are all individuals in the big picture of life, but have made a choice to be part of something. If your part of something then be a part of something. Donate if you have a few extra dollars. Put your time in to seed a server. Help out in anyway you can.

As a founder/clan boss/admin I know the challenges that people face, I am a human as well, with a family. Family should come first, but at the end of the day as a member you should be there for your brothers/sisters. Being there isnt about money, its about being there. Just show up, make a post, log into the voice server and just say hi. If you leaving make a post and say good buy. Remember this, there are people on the other side of the headset. They do have feelings. Maybe this is just a rant, but maybe it is the truth that some needed to hear. You make up your mind as to the kind of clan member you would like to be.

Post subject: Re: The Clan
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:50 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Well said Harryball,in the few years I have been around I also have seen many people come and go.I do understand why some can,t game anymore and many post valid reasons why.I do wonder about those who just seem to drop off the face of the earth,and never hear from again.I still enjoy gaming,ventrillo and the forums with those who are still around.Maybe with the new cod black opps coming out we can recruit others to join us,thanks for the post.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:13 am 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

Well said, it is getting quieter around here these days too.

http://tinyurl.com/bqqrvx

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:44 am 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

After we spoke yesterday Ren, I felt a rant coming on. I posted it in my forums as well. It just seemed the right time.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:39 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

what can you say more .... be1) for harry (it's after 20:00 somewhere on earth , so take 1 .... or 2)

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:06 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I love the group we got going here, truly. I have tons of fun playing with fellow clan mates in CoD and BC2, but I'll always cherish the days of UO. I could step on any time of the day and there would be, at the least, seven people on vent playing. Playing with Mayo, Pimp, Eagle, Deception, Redcorn, Kodiak, Toxic, the {[TGM]} brothers, Videoman, XPP, Khan, The Death, Smoke and even that Fallen kid (I think that's what he went by... For a while at least). Had a lot of fun then, but things change, and there's no stopping that. All great things come to an end eventually, and it's just time to move on.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:37 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I've only been following the forums for a short while so I don't have the long history of who was on and who wasn't over the years. but are the numbers truly going down? or is this simply a seasonal thing? I for one am much more active during the winter months.. If the numbers\traffic are going down, any suggestions or ideas to bump the morale :idea: ? possibly different servers to host? (PASTE COMMENT HERE) :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:11 am 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

{uZa} I_DI_EZ wrote:
I've only been following the forums for a short while so I don't have the long history of who was on and who wasn't over the years. but are the numbers truly going down? or is this simply a seasonal thing? I for one am much more active during the winter months.. If the numbers\traffic are going down, any suggestions or ideas to bump the morale :idea: ? possibly different servers to host? (PASTE COMMENT HERE) :lol:

The Battlefield server is still up as that is being funded, as for other servers. You missed my post in the members section ? :P

http://tinyurl.com/bqqrvx

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:37 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

I also understand how family (drama), work or just life in general can get very busy. I know as for me personally I love the gaming and the forums. D0 to my job and doing alot of it at work,I am not much of a talker (fortunate for you) but when gaming I do hop on vent and listen and type, usually do to sleeping little ones. But I like to check the forums just to see what neat information everyone has found or see how everyone is doing. But like mattbaker said I to have noticed alot of people not around anymore. I just figured since I have an old rig that they all moved on to the newer games.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:28 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

{uZa}mr. brightside wrote:
I love the group we got going here, truly. I have tons of fun playing with fellow clan mates in CoD and BC2, but I'll always cherish the days of UO. I could step on any time of the day and there would be, at the least, seven people on vent playing. Playing with Mayo, Pimp, Eagle, Deception, Redcorn, Kodiak, Toxic, the {[TGM]} brothers, Videoman, XPP, Khan, The Death, Smoke and even that Fallen kid (I think that's what he went by... For a while at least). Had a lot of fun then, but things change, and there's no stopping that. All great things come to an end eventually, and it's just time to move on.

The Idea is to make sure all great things dont come to an end. I understand what you are saying, but for me it has to continue. We cherish the old times, but have to make new ones. I truly believe that with a little work things can a will be great again. :D

Post Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:27 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Amen, I guess when it gets down to just me, I will turn out the lights.lol

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:38 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

{GBI}Harryball wrote:
[The Idea is to make sure all great things dont come to an end. I understand what you are saying, but for me it has to continue. We cherish the old times, but have to make new ones. I truly believe that with a little work things can a will be great again. :D

I'd like to believe you, but I just think that things change and all we can do is remember the good times. Like Christmas, at least in my home. I remember when I was just a toddler, and the only thing I cared about waking up to in the morning was a stocking full of souvenirs and candy, and a tree drowned in gifts. I couldn't sleep on Christmas Eve because I was too excited, and in the morning, I'd get up around five or six, and would be tortured having to wait until eight or nine for everyone else to wake up to start the presents. They were cold Christmas's, which I loved, and after we did our tree, we'd go to my grandparents house across the street and the whole family would be there by ten. Tons of us, and tons of presents. My older cousin, Josh (Ranger), would hand out the gifts one at a time and we'd celebrate. After the gifts, the rest of the day was fellowship, and celebration, the house was a mess, filled with new gifts everywhere, and my little siblings and I would play with our new toys, already loosing pieces in the mess of other gifts. It was an all-day thing, playing Christmas music. Now, they come over for breakfast, presents and leave. Just like that, and then what? Nothing. It feels like an ordinary day, which, pardon my language: BLOWS! It really, really sucks. It wasn't just in our home, it was everywhere. I remember we would go look for Christmas lights some nights, just to see them, and you could go down almost any neighborhood and see the magic of Christmas everywhere. Not just in the neighborhoods, in pubic areas, stores, etc. Nowadays, you almost, or at least I almost, have to go across town just to find a decent place of Christmas celebration. I no longer have that hype I had as a kid when Christmas comes around. I want to, but I don't. It's easy to sleep on Christmas Eve, the Holidays go by in the blink of an eye, and so does Christmas. Maybe it was just the adventurous, and innocent childhood, but I want to feel that way again. I love and cherish it. And I've asked for the old times before. My grandma asks me what I want for Christmas, and I simply say, "Family... I want the old days back, that's all". But everyone else doesn't seem to agree.

Anyway, obviously I got carried away, but my point is: Things just change, you know? And you're right, with a little work, great times can live a little longer... But everyone has to cooperate for that to work. And in these cases, not everyone is willing, or able to cooperate. Sometimes there's nothing you can do, just cherish the good ole days. I will say right now, nothing, NOTHING will compare to what UO or UT was like for this clan. I honestly don't believe any game coming out today will bring the clan together the way it did in those times, because it's just different times now. And if I am proven wrong in the future, I will happily admit it. :)

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:38 am 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

{uZa}mr. brightside wrote:
{GBI}Harryball wrote:
[The Idea is to make sure all great things dont come to an end. I understand what you are saying, but for me it has to continue. We cherish the old times, but have to make new ones. I truly believe that with a little work things can a will be great again. :D

I'd like to believe you, but I just think that things change and all we can do is remember the good times. Like Christmas, at least in my home. I remember when I was just a toddler, and the only thing I cared about waking up to in the morning was a stocking full of souvenirs and candy, and a tree drowned in gifts. I couldn't sleep on Christmas Eve because I was too excited, and in the morning, I'd get up around five or six, and would be tortured having to wait until eight or nine for everyone else to wake up to start the presents. They were cold Christmas's, which I loved, and after we did our tree, we'd go to my grandparents house across the street and the whole family would be there by ten. Tons of us, and tons of presents. My older cousin, Josh (Ranger), would hand out the gifts one at a time and we'd celebrate. After the gifts, the rest of the day was fellowship, and celebration, the house was a mess, filled with new gifts everywhere, and my little siblings and I would play with our new toys, already loosing pieces in the mess of other gifts. It was an all-day thing, playing Christmas music. Now, they come over for breakfast, presents and leave. Just like that, and then what? Nothing. It feels like an ordinary day, which, pardon my language: BLOWS! It really, really sucks. It wasn't just in our home, it was everywhere. I remember we would go look for Christmas lights some nights, just to see them, and you could go down almost any neighborhood and see the magic of Christmas everywhere. Not just in the neighborhoods, in pubic areas, stores, etc. Nowadays, you almost, or at least I almost, have to go across town just to find a decent place of Christmas celebration. I no longer have that hype I had as a kid when Christmas comes around. I want to, but I don't. It's easy to sleep on Christmas Eve, the Holidays go by in the blink of an eye, and so does Christmas. Maybe it was just the adventurous, and innocent childhood, but I want to feel that way again. I love and cherish it. And I've asked for the old times before. My grandma asks me what I want for Christmas, and I simply say, "Family... I want the old days back, that's all". But everyone else doesn't seem to agree.

Anyway, obviously I got carried away, but my point is: Things just change, you know? And you're right, with a little work, great times can live a little longer... But everyone has to cooperate for that to work. And in these cases, not everyone is willing, or able to cooperate. Sometimes there's nothing you can do, just cherish the good ole days. I will say right now, nothing, NOTHING will compare to what UO or UT was like for this clan. I honestly don't believe any game coming out today will bring the clan together the way it did in those times, because it's just different times now. And if I am proven wrong in the future, I will happily admit it. :)

Good post...You are right to a certain degree. However, it is up to us to make the change, and try to make what was more than a memory. It applies to life as well as the clan.

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge