Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge

Post subject: Woman puts her videogame-obsessed husband up for sale
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:20 pm 
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

Woman puts her videogame-obsessed husband up for sale

by Roop Gill
A Utah woman puts her veteran husband up for sale on Craigslist because he played too much "Modern Warfare." The ad's title simple states: "One husband to the highest bidder".

Alyse Baddley, 21, felt that she was being ignored by her husband, Kyle, who was obsessed with playing the popular videogame, "Modern Warfare." Kyle, an Afghanistan veteran, was so engrossed in playing this war-based video game that he didn't notice Alyse getting frustrated with him. Alyse thought of a creative way to get her husband's attention: she put him up for sale on Craigslist.

She called Kyle's mother and said, "I'm going to sell your son on Craigslist."

"She said, ‘Oh do it!'" Alyse told ABCNews.com in an interview.

Alyse and her mother-in-law composed a message to find Kyle a "good home". The advertisement was shortly up on Craigslist and read as follows:

"I am selling my 22 year old husband. He enjoys eating and playing video games all day. Easy to maintain, just feed and water every 3-5 hours. You must have Internet and space for gaming. Got tired of waiting so free to good home. If acceptable replacement is offered will trade."

Alyse was surprised with the feedback: "We didn't think we would get any responses at all, but we've gotten so many. Someone even offered a bag of Skittles."

The Baddleys have gotten a good laugh out of this post. One woman offered to train Kyle and give him back. Another male respondent wrote that he was already "house trained" and would like to trade himself for Kyle. Someone else asked for Kyle's photograph while another person suggested that Alyse should use the free time to go out on her own.

A few readers read too deeply into the post and wrote that they were concerned about Alyse and her husband's unhealthy relationship.

"The ad was a joke," said Alyse, "I love my husband and he loves me. I didn't think anyone would reply to this, but it's gotten so much attention, which is kind of cool."

As was originally intended by the ad, Kyle did take notice. He successfully finished the game within a few days and was amused by his wife's strategy.

"My wife stayed until midnight to get the game with me when it first came out," he said, noting that his wife wasn't initially against his purchase.

Do you think Alyse went too far with her 'attention getting' strategy? What would you have done?

Post subject: Re: Woman puts her videogame-obsessed husband up for sale
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:31 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I will not let my wife read this post! :shock:

Post subject: Re: Woman puts her videogame-obsessed husband up for sale
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:42 am 
Sexy Canadian
Sexy Canadian

:shock: :lol:

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge