Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge

Post subject: Star Wars: The Old Republic.
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:46 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I know Studdog has been trying to get the clan back together again, and he's sought RPG/FPS games to help do so. Thought I'd take a crack at it. Planetside was fun, but it did not run well with my setup, and I crashed constantly. This got to be quite an annoyance that drove me from the game. What's worse, is the fact that it was free gave the developers no real reason to try and fix the game. I imagine most of their money comes from sponsors and customers willing to purchase upgrades with real money.

I started playing the Old Republic recently, and I must admit, for an MMO it is quite addicting, and I've had only one crash while changing servers. It's very story-driven. Each class you choose has it's own story-line, with what's supposed to be hundreds of hours of gameplay in the main quest alone. In addition, you can join friends (like any MMO) in quests. Each planet map is pretty darn big, and if I recall, there are seventeen planets in total.

I'd also like to add that I am aware that Lone Stranger posted information about this game a while ago. I've been aware of this game for a while. The reason I turned away from it was the fact that it was an MMO, which most often means monthly subscription-based; it requires continuous money to play. Personally, I have just never liked games enough to have to continuously pay on a monthly basis to play them, which was unfortunate, because when I first heard about this game, I was so excited (having loved Knights of the Old Republic). But as soon as I heard it was an MMO, all my interest just went out the window.

Anyway, it is free now on their website. While subscribers get better access, you get to play the full game for free, it's just a heck of a download (took me a whole night to download and install it). Just thought I'd let some folks here know, and I've enjoyed this game. If you are familiar with RPG games and enjoy them, this is a game you might check out. If you are not familiar with them, but want to give it a shot, I recommend it. You really have nothing to lose anyway, except a lot of disk space maybe, lol.

More information here:
http://www.swtor.com/

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge