Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge

Post subject: LA_MERC LANParty
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:48 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

As some of you may or may not know, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 2012.

My name is Jay Fitzgerald; also known as LA_MERC_RiverRat and/or LA_MERC_Intimid8tor. I used to help manage the LANParties for the Louisiana Mercenaries and Lan Horizon. Lan Horizon is now known as Gamers United for Charity and LA_MERC is here to stay :-)

Since my MS diagnosis, I have been trying to find ways to create awareness for Multiple Sclerosis and it occurred to me, what better way to help fund research for this disease than the hold another LAN!

I contacted Intel and they are 100% behind us and are interested in paying for the venue at the Monroe Civic Center for up to 500 gamers and will also ship us the equipment needed in order to make the event a success.

What I need to know from you is IF this event were to be properly planned for mid-year next year, would you be interested in attending? The registration fee will be approximately $40 for all 3 days, $50 at the door, and $10 per day as a spectator. ALL proceeds will go directly to the Multiple Sclerosis Association of America throu the Louisiana branch.

This means that your registration will be tax deductible!! If you would be interested in attending this "reunion" Armageddon LAN event, please respond to this email and let me know so I can give feedback to Intel as they want to gauge interest.

We may setup a PayPal donation button in the future in order to allow you to donate to the cause. If and when we do this, any amount you donate will be deducted from your event registration fee for the event.

Your help in making this a huge, successful and fun event will be greatlyt appreciated! If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at 318-381-1768.

Thank You,

Jay Fitzgerald (LA_MERC_RiverRat)
Gamers United for Charity
info@gamersunitedforcharity.com
318-381-1768

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge