Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge

Post subject: Million Dollar Idea!
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:07 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I have an idea of a way to very simply change existing products that could make millions overnight. Problem is I am not sure how I could share the idea without making someone else wealthy and me getting zero. It is a product that is used worldwide, but has been used for years and never tapped to address the modern market in this simple way that makes you slap your head and say why didn't they do this a long time ago?

It is very simple and nowhere as complex as this example, but this is the best example I could come up with from the top of my head:

Example: Say there was no such thing as diet soda, but you had the idea that we could replace the sweetener in soda’s with an artificial sweetener and call it diet. It’s an idea that works for all sodas and all brands. So how would you present this to a soda company, or even more difficultly how would you start a diet soda company from scratch?

My idea is actually simpler than a diet soda (and not soda related, that was just an imaginary scenario) and works with a product that is used by everyone. I would think my best bet is to present it to a company and collect a small percent of sales. Unfortunately, my fear is I would present the idea and it would take off and I never get any credit or money for the idea. Anyone have any ideas on how to pursue this? I can’t get a patent, because I cannot patent an idea that is too broad to make it worthwhile. I have been chewing on this for about a year, and I really have no ideas on how to get it into action. It’s an idea that once it is out there, every company will follow. Just like the diet soda example, every brand has a version of diet soda now.

Post subject: Re: Million Dollar Idea!
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:46 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I would go on the tv show shark tank.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:33 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

any any aspect, mechanical, chemical, unicorn or what ever the idea. you must have a prototype. Then patent the idea of how it works. similar to how netflix patented the idea of mailing movies and sent blockbuster to the chapter 11 of business failures.

an idea is nothing without a working prototype. if it's that good go after it before someone else does. good ideas have a way of being stolen by Aholes. but Aholes that have a big arse house and lots of play cash.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:04 pm 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

maybe speak to an attorney about the issue...there must be those who would deal with this type of thing

Post Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:59 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

I like the idea of speaking with an attorney, just don't give him specific details of your product as they are not always ethical as well.

Post Posted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:06 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

I have thought about different ideas but they are not very good or at least that's what some people have told me.

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge