Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge

Post subject: Extreme+ Mod Game Types
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:35 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

This Sat Night, We'll test out some new game types, along with our CTF/FT with all stock maps. Some indicate they will require custom maps that support certain game types, so if needbe, I'll download a map or two of each of those game types for testing this Saturday.

I'll have to test and find out the difference between HQ & CHQ.

We will test CNQ, HM, LIB, ONS, TKOTH, & VIP on Sat Night.

I will test out round based, but I believe it is played like Search and Destroy where once you are dead you have no choice but to sit there and watch and wait to the round is over to respawn. Many have expressed not playing S&D because of the dead time of watching others play for the remainder of the round sitting there doing nothing.

Supported Game Types
eXtreme+ currently supports the following game types:

Game Type Description

CHQ Custom Classic Headquarters.
Teams race to set up a radio and defend it for points. If the enemy team sets up a radio, you must destroy it.

CNQ * Custom Conquest.
Score points and take ground for your team by eliminating players on the opposing team and advancing spawn points.

CTF Stock Capture The Flag.
Gain points by stealing the enemy's flag and then touching your flag at your base. If your flag is stolen, you can return it by simply touching it.

CTFB Custom Capture The Flag Back.
Gain points by stealing the enemy's flag and then touching your flag at your base. If your flag is stolen, you have to bring it back to your base.

DM Stock Death Match.
Gain points by eliminating other players.

DOM Custom Domination.
Your team must capture all known flags in order to defeat the enemy.

ESD Custom Enhanced Search & Destroy.
mode 0: 1 active bomb site at a time. Attackers win when the bomb explodes. Defenders win if they defuse the bomb.
mode 1: 2 active bomb sites. Attackers win when the first bomb explodes. Defused bomb removes the objective.
mode 2: 2 active bomb sites. Attackers have to explode both bombs to win. Defenders win if they defuse a bomb.
mode 3: 2 active bomb sites. Attackers win when the first bomb explodes. Defused bomb restores the objective.
mode 4: 2 active bomb sites. Attackers have to explode both bombs to win. Defused bomb restores the objective.

FT Custom FreezeTag.
Eliminate enemy players by freezing them. Unfreeze frozen teammates. Team wins a round when all enemy players are frozen.

HM Custom Hitman.
Hitmen must kill the Group Commander. Guards must protect him.

HQ Stock Headquarters.
Teams race to set up a radio and defend it for points. If the enemy team sets up a radio, you must destroy it. When you die as a defender, you have to wait until the HQ has been neutralized.

HTF Custom Hold The Flag.
Get the flag and keep it within your team as long as possible to gain score.

IHTF Custom I Hold The Flag.
Get the flag and keep it as long as possible to gain score.

LIB * Custom Liberation.
Capture the enemy team in jail and free your teammates from enemy jail.

LMS Custom Last Man Standing.
Be the last one alive to score.

LTS Custom Last Team Standing.
Be the last team alive to score.

ONS Custom Onslaught.
Your team must capture each flag, one after the other, in order to win. The next capturable flag is shown on the compass.

RBCNQ Custom Round Conquest.
Score points and take ground for your team by eliminating players on the opposing team and advancing spawn points.

RBCTF Custom Round based Capture The Flag.
Gain points by stealing the enemy's flag and then touching your flag at your base. If your flag is stolen, you can return it by simply touching it.

SD Stock Search & Destroy.
Attackers destroy targets by planting explosives. Defenders protect targets by defusing explosives.

TDM Stock Team Death Match.
Gain points by eliminating enemy players.

TKOTH* Custom Team King of the Hill.
Occupy the ZONE until your team's timer reaches the target time first.

VIP Custom Very Important Person.
Kill the VIP of the other team while protecting yours.

* CNQ, LIB and TKOTH require custom maps.

Post subject: Re: Extreme+ Mod Game Types
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:14 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I don'd mind time waiting in SD maps. It gives me time to drink my beer. :) Thanks for all your hard work on keeping Saturday night rolling and fun.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:40 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

{uZa}Innocent wrote:
.......I will test out round based, but I believe it is played like Search and Destroy where once you are dead you have no choice but to sit there and watch and wait to the round is over to respawn. Many have expressed not playing S&D because of the dead time of watching others play for the remainder of the round sitting there doing nothing.......

Like Matt stated, I don't mind waiting.

Maybe we can put one waiting map in the middle of the map rotation???

One map shouldn't be too bad for those that don't care for waiting, just instruct them to bring a snack and drink. ;)

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:52 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

That was a blast and we had a large turn out of {uZa} Members, plus several noobs from the internet joined us. Thanks for all your hard work {uZa}Innocent.

It was a little bit of a learning curve for a few of the game types, but that is to be expected. Hope to see some more of these new game types and more new players as we move forward. Keep up the good work {uZa}Innocent and again thanks for all you do for our clan! 8-)

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:19 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I think a number of the game types turned out to be winners, if not all. Some will take more work than others, but it doesn't hurt to throw in different games from time to time. The main type of game play on Saturday Nights will continue to be CTF/CTFB, and everything else will just be lagniappe... I'll reprogram the maprotation program that I made to randomize the tested maps in the map database to include the new gametypes at random in between ctf maps or every third map at random...

I can see where HM (Hitman) could become a good map to follow the warm up map. A hitman is playing against everyone and killing everyone else, basically DM, while the Guardsman are protecting the Commander, both the Guardsman and Commander are playing TDM and cannot kill other Guardsman or Commander, they can only kill Hitman. Once anyone has killed a Hitman if they are a Guardsman they become a Hitman and can kill anyone instantly even before being transformed. Once a Hitman has been killed by a Guardsman or Commander they become a Guardsman. Guardsman get extra points for killing the Hitman near the Commander. Hitman get extra points for killing the Commander.

The gametypes and parameters will have to be tweaked to get a better gameplay. I'll try to run all the gametypes again this weekend and make feedback notes as the night goes on to tweak certain gametypes to work in certain ways to improve pleasurability :) I'll work on tweaking times in objectives such as TKOTH (Team King Of The Hill). Different ending scorepoints or time limits for different game types, such as CHW (Classic Headquarters), etc. So you'll see a similar rotaton up this Saturday night. We only got about half way through the map rotation of stock maps, so I'll finish up the stock maps this Saturday plus some custom maps that are required by certain gametypes. Certain gametypes only have a map that only supports that gametype and that map supports no other gametypes, so that can become a little more time consuming to setup and test, but once it is setup and tested and put into the database, the maproation program will handle it accordingly and I will not have to keep up with those small technicalities.

You are all welcome! :)

Last bumped by {uZa}Innocent on Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:19 pm.

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge