Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge

Post subject: COD4 MW & COD5 W&W
 Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:16 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Anyone still have COD4 & COD5?

I was tossing around the idea of setting up a server for these, not today, not tomorrow, not next week, just something when I get some time over the next month or two, now that I have found tutorials on how to set them up and not have to pay monthly to have them hosted elsewhere... I will just host them on our current servers... (Found this when trying to find out how to setup a cracked COD2 server)

Since custom maps for these are limited for COD4 and possibly non existent for COD5, and no modding tools, COD2 would be the main preference for Saturday nights. Possibly hit up another night for these servers or just for fun whenever, but again no modding, so play it as it is...

Since no mods exist and the setup is pretty simple, I am planning on just a doing a programmatic random rotation and gametypes that are randomly each night on restart by the server. Just a set it up, and let it run itself type of thing, just like our TF2 server that has bots that keep a minimum of 5 on 5, for some random usage. TF2, another game we had about 6 on 6 a few nights a few years ago again as well. That server just runs itself with no maintenance from me as it auto updates itself nightly from steam and relaunches.

COD4 & COD5 GAMETYPES:

DEATHMATCH (DM)
TEAM DEATHMATCH (TDM)
Capture The Flag (CTF)
SEARCH AND DESTROY CLASSIC
DOMINATION (DOM)
KING OF THE HILL - aka Headquarters (Koth)
SABOTAGE (SAB)
Total War (TWAR) - COD5 ONLY GAMETYPE

Again COD2 will be the main Saturday night thing with Extreme 3.0 Alpha 4 being tested on the Bot Server currently, and with Dupont and Grimm aka Oddwerxstudios and others with interest in creating new uZa maps will definitely keep COD2 going strong...

Post subject: Re: COD4 MW & COD5 W&W
 Post Posted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:22 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I agree, nothing but COD2 on Saturday Nights! :P

I am always open to any game the rest of the week as long as a few other are interested.

I wouldn't mind some Team Fortress if we could get a few people together during the week.

According to the {uZa}Clan Facebook page, we have drawn the interest of a few members that haven't been around for a while. Looks like {uZa}DoubleBogey is building a gaming PC just so he can come back in on Saturdays. 8-)

Can't wait to see what kind of maps Dupont and GR1MM start making. fi1)

Maybe some of those old gamers might be interested in COD 4 & 5 as well.

As for me, I also like a few other games. Can we do a Battlefield server, or Borderlands, or anything by Novalogic like the Delta Force games? I always liked them as well, but not sure if they support dedicated servers, mods, or custom maps.

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:25 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

i've got a copy of them all. wouldn't mind to get my zombies on again :)

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:29 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

A quick search has not turned up anything positive. Some of the gaming companies want to make more money off of the rented servers or control them very closely, others just do sharing off of other people's computers and not a true dedicated server.

Battlefield servers are usually rented, as I can't find out anything on how to setup a custom server. I try to stay away from rented servers because that usually eats up funds quickly. If you do google searches, many people are frowning on the cost and control that EA has on these servers.

Borderlands 2, like its predecessor, does not use dedicated servers, but relies on the host player (the one whose game the other 3 join) to act as the server.

We want to be able to run dedicated, not rented servers that we don't have full control over...

I mean if a group of players wants to chip in on renting a server that we can't run, so be it, but we can't expect to throw clan funds on renting servers that only gets used a few days out of the month, and just sit idle other than that. COD2 stood the test of time originally, most other games have come and gone fairly quickly.

COD2, UO, TF2, TeamSpeak is free to run and I am running it on my servers, so let it run let it run

COD2 is nice can run as many server instances on one box that the hardware can support. Such as your Bot server it is also running the NO, Vehicles, COD2MW, and Server1. 5 servers in one... It's also running the UO server that we still have around.

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:45 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Do any of the Novalogic games support dedicated servers?
I know there were custom maps for most of them, so it might be an option, and they don't require high end PC's.

Here are my favorite ones:
Delta Force Series
Joint Operations Series
Comanche Series

I haven't played them for a while, and never played them online.
They were fun games in single player, and had huge awesome maps and missions! 8-)

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:52 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Are there any PC Racing games that use dedicated servers?

Racing is a fun genre that I haven't played for a while and would love to play again.

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:57 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I'll check this out. My plan is COD4, COD5, check out some of the other COD series since all the servers are setup similar, then jump on the ones you mentioned.

The ones you mentioned, did you purchase them? I'll have to get a copy of the game to test out server side things if it does support dedicated servers.

Too bad most of the games didn't follow TF2 and offer the game for free after a certain period. This has kept TF2 going strong.

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:00 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I am not sure about the racing, never got into that. Prob either hosted servers or peer servers, just ideas to keep on the back burner though.

Post Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:38 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

{uZa}Innocent wrote:
.......The ones you mentioned, did you purchase them? I'll have to get a copy of the game to test out server side things if it does support dedicated servers. .......

I own all the Novalogic games on CD/DVD.

They are also VERY cheap on Steam, so I might be able to buy some bundles and gift some copies if we want to try them. ;)

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge