Mucho Posto!

COD2 Accuracy Issues

Quote:
"I don't know how I missed you"

I don't know how you didn't kill me"

I was running behind him and shooting him in the back the entire way"

I had my gun in his chest shooting him and I didn't kill him"

You are shooting the right/left of him, you didn't hit him at all on my screen"

Hmm, seems to be going on for some time now, issues with accuracy and shooting behind or to the left or to the right of people, not hitting people etc...

Some settings seem to just make it worse, some better, but nothing spot on.

I have been researching this issue for some time now, and have changed settings along the way. On {uZa}Scorpius's memorial night, I even went back to our original mods for a few rounds, and found the same issues happening with the older mod, so a question of game settings that need to be changed, or is this old game, starting to have weird effects with the newer PC hardware and processors that have different code on rounding numbers, timings, etc is also effecting the game play, something out of our control as everyone has different hardware.

This is not only seen on our servers, but also on :roll: OUTLAW :roll: as well. Just easier to see there as the lesser powered bullets make it more noticible because you have to hit them a few times to kill someone, that is unless you have the :evil: M1 Garand :evil: which is a one shot one kill everytime.

It may be time to go back to some basics...

sv_snaps was set to 30, I am going to change this back to default of 20, see if that fixes it, especially with some things as seen as Freeze Tag when the last person seems to be unfrozen right before the so called final person is frozen and the server calls the game over, but the person who just unfroze is shown as unfrozen, but the server didn't see it that way at the time... The 30 setting gave us better pings, but did it in other places break the code and accuracy as it changed how the server calculates things based on hard written code based on 20 and not 30?

Also trying to get an equal playing field, and since COD2 only allows a cl_maxpackets of 100. The actual MaxPackets sent to the server MUST be equal to (your_FPS/x), once again where x is an integer. So to maximize and equalize everyones fps with the server, if cl_maxpackets must equal com_maxfps, then I set both to 100 to give everyone an as close to possible equal playing field.

Just trying to make it more fun to everyone and less frustrating, even to me, when other players are experiencing negative little things literally kill the fun for someone if not extremely :shock: HIGH :shock: or :shock: DRUNK :shock: to minimize the accuracy and just enjoy the fun... Sometimes I'll drop out the game screen and hop on the server, checking settings in the middle of a match, to see if something is set wrong or did I do a typo error on a setting last time I changed things. That is why sometimes after a map ends, I'll kill the server and restart the server to get some of the mod settings that only get read at startup to take affect, to see if that resolves the issue noticed at the time.

While server settings may be somethings I can try to fix, I can't fix the affects of :shock: OLD AGE :shock: HIGHNESS :shock: DRUNKNESS :shock: EYE PROBLEMS :shock: PLAYING WITHOUT YOUR GLASSES ON :shock: BAD AIM :shock:. So just try to have some fun and ignore everything else... I mean if we were wagering on this with some real money, then yeah, that could be a MAJOR issue. Gaming is like everything else in life, it's a gamble, just roll the dice and see what happens!

Yeah it may all sound jibberish to you, but if you want to read more, please take a look at these links for some more in depth explanations...

https://steamcommunity.com/app/311210/discussions/0/517141882710915502/

http://178.32.223.184/forums/topic/6219-lagging-in-game/

https://mare-server.forumotion.com/t165-cod-2-improve-your-connection

Post subject: Re: COD2 Accuracy Issues
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:38 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Seemed a bit better last night. We even had a tie Freeze Tag (FT) where both players froze each other at the same time, causing a tie in the score. First any of us have seen that happen.

I may try to take the cap rate off of FPS this Saturday night and see if that improves game play any more, if not, I'll put it back on.

Pings were pretty close, many with the same pings, which I would expect with capped Frames Per Second, Max Packets, and Snaps back at default...

We did play without Friendly Fire on this week, may turn it on next week, try a week with a week without, as it changes the game play, and have to be more careful about ones actions with FF on...

We are heavily playing CTF, CTFB, FT maps, almost always HQ, ONS and now 2 Sniper Maps. The less liked game types, VIP, CNQ, LIB, RBCTF, DOM, and a few others are kinda rotated in and out week to week and not always present...
Gametypes:http://uzaclan.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2519

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge