Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » CALL OF DUTY » Call of Duty 5 - World at War

Post subject: Map / Gametype Voting!
 Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:18 pm 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

I have instituted a new feature of the ACE mod to enable end game "voting" for the next map and gametype.

The way it works - At the end of a map a selection list will pop up with five randomly chosen map / gametype combinations. Use the FIRE button to move through the list, and whichever map / gametype you are on when voting ends, that is your vote. Democracy will rule, and the map / gametype combination with the most votes will win.

There is another "selection" you can choose ONE TIME per map, and that is "Get Another Selection". This will choose another five map / gametype combinations if a majority hates the five initially selected.

The system will only offer map / gametype combinations where the gametype is supported by the map, but it may take some time to work out any errors (mapmakers sometimes lie or are wrong about the gametypes supported by their maps) so:

1) If you see a problem with a map / gametype combination (missing flags, flags where you can't get at them etc.) please post in the forums (this thread will do) and let me know

2) It is possible that changing to a map / gametype combination which doesn't work right could "hang" the server. If this happens, please let me know as soon as possible.

Contact me by sending a PM to "{uZa}Lonesome Eagle", or an email to "lonesome.eagle@gmail.com".

In the BODY of the message, put the words "Server Down". (no quotes) This will send a text message to my cell phone so I can get on and reset the server...

Post subject: Re: Map / Gametype Voting!
 Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:12 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Good Job Eagle! 8-)

Board index » CALL OF DUTY » Call of Duty 5 - World at War