Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge

Post subject: Name this Dog!
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:50 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I want to get a Rottweiler and my wife wants to get a Fawn or Apricot Mastiff. We figured we would get the Rottweiler puppy first, wait a month or two and then get a Mastiff puppy. Both dogs will be females and they will be inside dogs. Now here is the issue; we have names picked out, but nobody likes the name I picked out for the Rottweiler. I want to name the Rottweiler “Tasha”. I think it is an awesome name for a Rottweiler and is the best I have thought of. My wife and kids think it is ridiculous and stinks as a name for a Rottweiler. So I thought I would ask others what they thought.

Is “Tasha” an okay name?

Do you have a better name suggestion?

Please note that this is NOT a family argument. No matter what I decide the family will happily go along with it. I just want to make sure my idea of a name isn’t as weird as the family makes it out to be.

Some of our past dogs names have been: Bree Ann, Anabella Brunella, Tessa Mae, Brandy Ann, Rambo, and Bandit. The first three in the list were my wife’s ideas. The last three in the list were my ideas, and everyone liked them. I guess I have lost my touch.

Post subject: Re: Name this Dog!
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:45 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I like "Big Bertha" A nice bitch name for A big dog.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:57 am 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Tasha is my dogs name. She is a 20lb cocker spaniel.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:42 am 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

I vote for Tasha :) it is a great name for a dog ....especially this breed :)

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:52 am 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

Heh, my dog likes to beat up Rottys
Abby, or Sasha heh

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:30 am 
Sexy Canadian
Sexy Canadian

Did you guys pick out a puppy yet? You will have to post pictures. We puppysat a Rotty puppy for a bit, they are a beautiful dog and breed, unfortunately a lot of people misunderstand them. I am happy for your family. :)

I seen the name Sasha and I like that name. I like Bandit. :) Good luck!!!

I foundd this site for names

http://www.a-love-of-rottweilers.com/rottweiler-names.html

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:58 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

hm.. i have some suggestions for names for the girlys :)

Elise, Maddy, Jenna, Annabelle, Haley

Good luck with pups Stud :D

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:36 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

{uZa}Canadian Girl wrote:
Did you guys pick out a puppy yet? ..........

We are not to that point yet. We bought several books and videos on dogs and dog training. For Christmas I had gotten my wife the first four Dog Whisperer seasons and all his books. After we finish learning as much as we can, we will then talk about getting the dogs. We want to be the best responsible owners that we can. Those are both big dogs and not breeds to be irresponsible with. ;) All our past dogs were very tiny. So we are in no hurry. We may even wait until we move to a home in the country. I will definitely post pics as we get them.

It's interesting that made the point of Rotty's being misunderstood. I have also heard many people tell me they are too aggressive. Yet every Rotty I have ever known have been some of the best behaved and showed tremendous intelligence. Honestly I think I have seen way more small dogs that are poorly behaved. The issue is the owners have poor dog training and leadership skills. Then if they own a small or big dog, the big dog will do more damage and get more people talking. So I agree with you. I think every breed can be bad or good, depending on the owners. Some breeds may need a different tactic, lots or little effort, but in the end they all need responsible leaders (owners).

Thanks for the link CG. 8-) I will look it over.

Also thanks for the names and comments that have been made so far. There are some that I liked.

Capt. Canada if your dog beats up on Rotty's, that is a sign of poor owner skills. A dog that is anti-social or aggressive is a bad reflection of your training and leadership. That’s actually true for any breed. Even a 4 pound Chihuahua can rule a 150 pound Rotty. So it is poor training and owner leadership, not the size or breed. So I hope you are just joking or referring to a one-time event. ;)

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:43 pm 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

My best friend owns a rotty, they play fight all the time and Whiskey usually wins, he dosent actually beat them up, was just a joke, he has never attacked a dog. He jumped a bear once and a Mountain goat but that is a different story.
I take my dog to the dog park all the time, and he interacts with all kinds of dogs on a daily basis, We also have a Old english Sheep dog that lives at my place most of the week, hes kinda big to and fluffy lol

Good luck with the dog, my Brother is in the process of training his Neapolitan Mastiff, his name is Brutus Bruttii, hes a 150lb puppie

I just realized this is the date i got my dog last year. ah one year ago..
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak- ... 6412_n.jpg

Last edited by {uZa}Capt.CaNaDa on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:45 pm 
Found Submit Button
Found Submit Button

This is our latest edition to our household we got him from a shelter right before Christmas his name is Rocky

My other dog Coco seems to get along with him fine. She almost has taken on a mother role with him.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:52 pm 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

Mr Gr1mm wrote:
This is our latest edition to our household we got him from a shelter right before Christmas his name is Rocky

My other dog Coco seems to get along with him fine. She almost has taken on a mother role with him.

They are gorgeous! I love shelter dogs!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:31 pm 
Sexy Canadian
Sexy Canadian

Mr Gr1mm wrote:

Beautiful dogs Grimmy. :) I like the snow picture. Great names. :)

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:40 pm 
Sexy Canadian
Sexy Canadian

{uZa}Studdog wrote:
{uZa}Canadian Girl wrote:
Did you guys pick out a puppy yet? ..........

We are not to that point yet. We bought several books and videos on dogs and dog training. For Christmas I had gotten my wife the first four Dog Whisperer seasons and all his books. After we finish learning as much as we can, we will then talk about getting the dogs. We want to be the best responsible owners that we can. Those are both big dogs and not breeds to be irresponsible with. ;) All our past dogs were very tiny. So we are in no hurry. We may even wait until we move to a home in the country. I will definitely post pics as we get them.

It's interesting that made the point of Rotty's being misunderstood. I have also heard many people tell me they are too aggressive. Yet every Rotty I have ever known have been some of the best behaved and showed tremendous intelligence. Honestly I think I have seen way more small dogs that are poorly behaved. The issue is the owners have poor dog training and leadership skills. Then if they own a small or big dog, the big dog will do more damage and get more people talking. So I agree with you. I think every breed can be bad or good, depending on the owners. Some breeds may need a different tactic, lots or little effort, but in the end they all need responsible leaders (owners).

Thanks for the link CG. 8-) I will look it over.

Also thanks for the names and comments that have been made so far. There are some that I liked.

Capt. Canada if your dog beats up on Rotty's, that is a sign of poor owner skills. A dog that is anti-social or aggressive is a bad reflection of your training and leadership. That’s actually true for any breed. Even a 4 pound Chihuahua can rule a 150 pound Rotty. So it is poor training and owner leadership, not the size or breed. So I hope you are just joking or referring to a one-time event. ;)

I am sure you all will be great dog owners. :) It is nice to hear you are taking the time. :) I love the Dog Whisperer, I tried some of techniques and they work very well. If you have any questions I can try and give some tips.

Our both dogs were adopted and the one was about a year when we got him and he was abused. :( It took a lot of work with him and he is such a great dog, everyone loves him. We got the other one when she was a puppy.
We have some neighbours down the block with a yappy little dog, annoying when they can't control their dog's barking, poor ownership on their part. I agree different dogs need different training. :)

That little Rotty we were looking after, I was taking him for a walk and I heard someone call it one of those devil dogs. :roll: I wish we could of kept him. :)

I hope your search goes well. :)

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:47 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Cute pup Capt.CaNaDa! Also it sounds like you are an EXCELLENT owner. Good Job, I am proud of you! 8-)

Grimm, Rocky is a cute pup too. looks like a good match for Coco, both nice looking dogs.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:58 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I do like Cesar Millan the most. I should also recommend the books and videos by Kyra Sundance if you are into teaching your dog tricks. She has some great training techniques for teaching your dog tricks. Guys will probably want to buy the DVD’s. Kyra is a pretty gal that frequently wears miniskirts. Let’s just say that she squats down a lot and the camera man had to have been a man. :shock: :lol:

CG you also sound like a great owner! 8-) I will keep you in mind when the time comes and if I have any questions.

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge