Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge

Post subject: FINALLY!
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:50 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

We finally got a second dog! We have been looking for a second dog for a long time with some of the worst luck ever. Actually I like to think God had his hand in our quest and helped us to get the right dog. We have had three different times that we were told we could adopt, but then someone else got the dog. Not that they meant to lie, just that the foster people and the rescue admins did not let each other know. One time I was about to make a 13 hour round trip and they called 15 minutes before I left the house to say someone else was coming to get the dog. I would have been really mad to have made the trip, then find out they gave it to someone else after I was told I could adopt. I have also had several dogs we liked and never got a response to my email or phone calls. I am then left assuming they are already adopted. Here’s one I never understood; we had one dog that was low/medium energy and was a perfect match. After filling out the adoption papers and told we could adopt, I was then told that the admins vetoed it because I don’t have a privacy fence and the dog can jump a chain link fence. I understand how a fence would need to be tall enough, but we NEVER let our dog outside without being on a leash. Our dog has a 26 foot leash for potty time and a 4 foot leash for walks, jogs, and runs. We would do the same for a second dog. We work very hard to keep our dog exercised, healthy and well rounded, so I never understood that one. Okay that’s enough of my war stories.

Our new dog is Luke a 95 lb. Rotty/Boxer Mix. Luke came to the shelter very underweight, but has been gaining. Vet stated that he needs to gain another 15 to 20 pounds, so he will be on a special diet. Luke is a gentle giant and a perfect match for our family. He goes to the Vet on Friday to get fixed, micro-chipped, and shots. We will get to bring him home on Saturday. Here are a few shots of him:

Post subject: Re: FINALLY!
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:51 pm 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

So adorable! Very glad to hear things finally went well and that your family has grown by one ! He is a beautiful dog! Best wishes!!

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:34 pm 
Sexy Canadian
Sexy Canadian

That is so great Stoodog.  I am so happy for you and your family with your new addition.  He is a beautiful dog.   Keep us updated on how he is adjusting.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:06 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

nice look'n dog!! glad to hear you got one!

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:48 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Got Luke home today. He is very mellow and gentle. I think his ideal weight is about 130-150 pounds. Luke is the same height as our Rotty, but he has bigger bones and huge paws. He is going to look very intimidating when he puts on some weight. His color is very pretty, he is a sharp looking dog! I am glad we got to save him, he was on death row at a high kill shelter. That shelter has already put down 430 dogs and cats so far this year. They have a big sign that says "430 reasons to get your pet fixed", then followed with the years statistics.

His bones show absolutely every where! I can't believe people let a dog go like this! :evil: He is extremely malnutritioned. We put him on a high protein diet so I am hoping he will bulk up in no time. Thankfully he has a very hearty appetite. He was so eager to eat, I was concerned he might be food agressive. But we tested him several times and he behaved perfectly.

We will introduce him to the entire house a little at a time over a couple days. Then finally give him run of the whole house.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:17 am 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

That dog deserves a tail...if dogs aren't working dogs they should keep their tails for balance lol, kinda neat looking, its got a goofy cute face. :lol:
I hope it fits in well, we have two dogs here most of the time. Had my dog and my two friends dogs out at the park yesterday, and man my dog makes Rottys look so small, hes taller by like 2 1/2 inches, even his head is bigger then a rotty's, Oscar the sheep dog even made the rottweilers at the dog park look small, but he has like 35lbs of hair.

Whisky over 6 feet long without measuring the tail, taking up the entire closet hall.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:58 pm 
Sexy Canadian
Sexy Canadian

Beautiful dog Capt Canada!!

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge