Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Intorducing Joseph Edward "Snafu" (w/pics)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
{uZa}Sgt. SNAFU
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Intorducing Joseph Edward "Snafu" (w/pics) Reply with quote

Well we finally made it home on 08/19. It was a long 4 days at the hospital. The important part is mom and baby are doing well.

The longer version of the story (which I am trying to keep short) is that they induced the wife on Staurday night around 2300. She spent the whole night in labor and and finally got to the epideral around 0900 on Sunday. At 1109 they told her she could start "pushing" and 13 "pushes" later at 1128 Joseph Edward Snafu was born. All was well with both he and mom. On Monday, they came in to tell us that we wouldn't be getting discharged like originally planned. They found that Joey was having a problem with being jaundiced. What ws causing the problem was that his blood type was A+ and my wife is O-. Little Joey's body was producing antibodies to fight off mom's blood that was mixed with his. He needed to stay in the hospital an extra day or two (ended up only being overnight and into today) under some high intensity lights and eat/drink plenty so he would poop a lot to help clense his liver to get rid of the jaundice. So he spent the night and today on a light blanket and had two spotlights on him to help speed things up. Now that he is home, he has to wrapped in this light blanket (looks light a bunch of blue LEDs) and can only come out for feedings. We have to take him into the doctor every day and keep him in this blanket until we hear otherwise (probably about a week).

He is making tremendous improvement, but it sucks that he can't come out and be held for more then a couple of minutes. Anyway, hopefully this will be done with soon and he can go on to being a normal baby. I guess this is a fairly common thing, but it still isn't what we invisioned."

As of today, he is still getting better. Last night was rough becuase he was up about every half hour being fussy. The doc said he is looking better today and said to keep feeding him plenty and to keep him on his light blanket. He has been pretty good today with eating and sleeping. The kid is a poop machine (must take after his mom Laughing ). Here's hoping tonight goes better.

His stats were: 7lbs 7oz, 20.75 in, born 1128 on 08/17/08

Most importantly, here are some pics:

Mom & Joey

Joey meets his big sister Katrina while I hold him

Katrina holding Joey

Joey in the incubator on his blue light blanket with his spotlights

Joey at home in his bouncey with the blue light under him (his babysitter is protecing him)

The ominous blue lights

Author
{uZa}ChaosFlip
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats there Snafu...lol i want 1 of those blankets Very Happy

Author
{uZa}Double_D
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats snafu...when are u gonna start training him so i can poon him!

Author
MR GR1MM
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats pops. Nice looking clan ya got there. God Bless.

Author
{uZa}Amok
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Snafu! Hope everything will work out fine! Great pictures, thanks for posting. Very Happy

Respect all, fear none!
Conscia mens recti, famae mendacia ridet.

Author
{uZa}SGTHOLINYERHED
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONGRATS, YOU HAVE TO BE ONE PROUD PAPA.
YOU HAVE THE OLDEST THAT "WILL" BE AN ACTRESS YOU CAN JUST SEE IT. AND A BLUE LIGHT SPECIAL, HOW MUCH WAS HE MARKED DOWN 'JK', HE LOOKS GREAT AND HEALTHY.
AND I LOVE SEEING FAMILY DOGS TAKE RIGHT AWAY TO BEING GUARDIAN.
LOOKIN' GOOD

Author
{uZa}fcbcynic
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Snafu! By the way, is that Shirley Temple with the baby? She sure has aged well? Shocked Confused Very Happy

Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage!

Author
{uZa} F8
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Snaf. "Poop Machine, must take after..." now thats funny,I don't care who you are. f 8

Author
{uZa}Boobot
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to the both of you!

Jaundice is extremely common as one of my recently born twins spent some time under the light! It was actually difficult to watch but we knew it was for the best(I'll post our pics when I get a chance, it's been rough with two at once!.)

You have a great looking family and some cute pics!

Author
<WG>Pitthunter
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful children Snafu - enjoy them and give them millions of hugs. Mine are 7 and 4 now - my wife and I sit around wondering what happened to our little babies. Crying or Very sad

We see them when they run in the house to get a drink. Then they're gone.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: