Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Why can't OUR President do this???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
{uZa}HiTechRedneck
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Why can't OUR President do this??? Reply with quote

It's a shame that the President of the United States can't do this... Might make the idiots in Congress wake up and start doing their jobs...

http://www.wlfi.com/Global/story.asp?S=8965737

Author
{uZa}Violator(USA)+SC+
Frag Bait

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On paper it sounds like a thing that would do our government some good but who's to say that we wouldn't get the same if not worse back in their places.....

Author
{uZa}HiTechRedneck
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly, but if over 800 people suddenly lose their jobs at a company by being fired, odds are that the next 800+ people hired in are going to take a hard look at what they need to do NOT to lose theirs...

Author
{uZa}Violator(USA)+SC+
Frag Bait

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good point but also those new 800+ might also look at why the last 800 lost theirs and try to make sure that they just don't get caught making the same mistakes.......lol

Work is just a hobby, Violating is my life!

Author
{uZa}fcbcynic
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a President had that kind of power he would be a dictator, but you guys already knew that. The fact is that responsibility lies with us, the voting citizens of this nation. This is why education about our republican form of government, and the citizens responsibility within that government, is so important. One reason I am against tern-limits is simply because it takes that responsibility out of our hands after one election.

Either we choose to live in a free republic, where the citizen has a responsibility to exercise his vote wisely, or we can live in a monarchy. As frustrating as it certainly is at times, I choose the free republic.

Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage!

Author
{uZa}HiTechRedneck
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too choose the republic... I just find it a shame that for the most part, the media get to control who gets elected to what office... People, in general, are sheep, and since there is no IQ test given to earn the right to vote, I'm reasonable certain that it will continue to be that way at least for the duration of my lifetime...

(best Andy Roony voice) And that's the way I see it...

Author
{uZa}Violator(USA)+SC+
Frag Bait

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too choose the "ole fashioned" republican views as our forefathers set them down but, useing recent films to express my point, unless our education system and society in general dosent change for the better if the Democrats get their way the country would be like "Demolition Man", if the Republicans got their way (as they are right now) the country would be like"Escape from New York, but above all the way we americans are brain washed by the media the movie "Idiocracy" could be a good look at how we are destined to become if things don't start going somewhat back to the ways of the past.........hope that made scense.......lol

Work is just a hobby, Violating is my life!

Author
{uZa}HiTechRedneck
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{uZa}Violator(USA)+SC+ wrote:
I too choose the "ole fashioned" republican views as our forefathers set them down but, useing recent films to express my point, unless our education system and society in general dosent change for the better if the Democrats get their way the country would be like "Demolition Man", if the Republicans got their way (as they are right now) the country would be like"Escape from New York, but above all the way we americans are brain washed by the media the movie "Idiocracy" could be a good look at how we are destined to become if things don't start going somewhat back to the ways of the past.........hope that made scense.......lol

Never watched Idiocracy, and I am really NOT that big of a fan of Taco Bell, so I reckon I'll stick with republican... Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: