Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Question time......- - Your job... - -
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> The Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
{uZa}Canadian Girl
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Question time......- - Your job... - - Reply with quote

What do you do for work at the moment?

What things do you like about your current job?

What do you hate about your job?

Author
{uZa}Capt.Spamada
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a sheet welder downtown as of last week, do like walls and panels kinda stuff.
It has been pretty good so far, havent found a problem with it just yet, but soon maybe Razz

Author
{uZa}Studdog +SC+
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use to manage a Tool Shop for a plastic injection molding facility.

The facility closed this past summer.

Currently I am a full-time student at Purdue University.

Working on a BS in MET, Mechanical Engineering Technology.

I really enjoy troubleshooting, designing, and machining.

I have over 19 years of experience in the shop as a Machininst, Tool & Die, or Tool Maker. I love working in the shop.

Author
Girlfriend
Kill me I'm new

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im currently as a CNA in a Nursing Home and will be going to school for my RN. Would like to work in either the baby nursery at a hospital or back in a Nursing Home. I really enjoy working with the elderly. I just know w/e I do decide to do I wanna stay in health care.

Author
{uZa}fcbcynic
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I am going to school fulltime right now the only thing that fits my schedule is refereeing ice hockey, both youth and adult leagues.

I like the fact that the games don't interfere with my school schedule.

I hate the rink management and the idiots that complain about every freakin' call.

Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage!

Author
{uZa} Grover
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work as a project manager for a modular company we install temp and perm. school and hospital rooms and offices and pretty much anything you would need space for. I like my job because i get to use my constructio0n knowledge and background. I dislike that I am a new employee (only 1 yr. with the company) and my boss, the owner, thinks that he has to stand over my shoulder all day long.

Author
{uZa}DoubleBogey7
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the Senior Manufacturing Engineer at a company that builds chassis for the recreational vehicle (RV companies such as Winnebago, Damon, Forrest River, etc.) and delivery vehicle market (Fedex, UPS, etc.). I'm responsible for planning and launching new models into the production facility as well as any other capitol budget projects such as building extensions, new buildings, high dollar equipment aquisition, etc.

I like the planning phase of the projects where you can set your mind free and come up with several solutions for the same problem.

I hate work politics and external factors influencing the business, such as a bad economy and high gas prices.

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." (Bullet Tooth Tony, Snatch)

Author
{uZa} GARGAZ
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FULL TIME AUCTIONEER AND REALTOR...

PEOPLE OWEING WAY MORE THAN WHAT THERE PLACE IS WORTH IS WHAT I HATE!

Author
{uZa}Canadian Girl
Post Ho

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are soooo many things I can say about my job...... I work at a bank........

I love my job because of the customers....you deal with them on a daily basis...hear about their families....most of them are seniors.....they are so sweet.

My coworkers...most of them... Wink We have laughed..cried...together. One of my coworkers...I adore her...I am so glad I met her. She is an inspiration to me.

The things I don't like about my job...I am being whiney....

...some customers....mostly the wealthy ones....their attitude.

....the "make you gag" customers...when they come into the bank...the slowest teller loses and has to deal with them... Wink

...the politics/gossip....etc...but then that is everywhere.....

...and the occasional bloody dollar bill that comes in...ewww...

Author
{uZa}ChaosFlip
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently a full-time student.

Bads: too much work
Goods: Parties and freedom

I did have a job working in a korean bakery. We sold cakes and baked goods, and made different beverages, ranging from coffee to fruit smoothies, and other various desserts.

I ended up quitting in order to keep up with school and such. (This was last year).

I enjoyed meeting new people. Manager was awesome! She got on our tails every now and then, but was pretty much laid back the rest of the time.

I didn't like it when we got swamped with 50 customers all at once, and I didn't like it when we had no customers....so time went by REALLY slowly.

Job didn't pay enough either for the amount of work we were doing.

Author
SnipeElite
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No job currently, but I am hoping to be working somewhere soon, just so I can stop asking the parents for money so they can focus on getting their bills and such paid.

I'll probably end up working at a pharmacy stocking shelves.

I know, i know, I'm going to be rolling in the dough.

Author
{uZa}HiTechRedneck
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My current job title is "Maintenance Associate"... Previous titles have been "Maintenance Technician", "Maintenance Electrician", "Industrial Electrical Maintenance Engineer", "Automation Electrical Design Engineer", and "Automation Design and Integration Technician"...

I have worked in Plastics, including blow-molding, injection molding and sheet extrusion... Steel mill, bolt manufacturer, custom alloy magnet manufacturing, wire production and insulating, and custom tube assembly plants...

I enjoy the pay at my current job, we make 3 different models of Subaru's... About the only thing I don't like about this job is the hours... I'm on second shift, 3:00pm to 11:30pm, but on weekends when I work, it's day shift: 7am to whenever... The only nice thing is that after a year or 2, this company almost always offers an engineering position to it's new maintenance associates... I'm just not sure I want the cut in pay, but the hours are a lot nicer...

I really miss my Automation Design and Integration Technician position... It was a fairly simple job... Replace people with machines and robots... Shame I moved away from Indy, otherwise I might still be doing that...

Author
{uZa}Lonesome Eagle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

________

Author
{uZa} F8
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagle, You could have just said Spelunker.

Author
{uZa}Recon_Marine
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a Pricing/Cost/Fanancial Analyst. My job is for a customer like the US Government to tell us what product of ours they want and what capabilities they want it to have and I tell them how much the original purchase will cost and costs over the life of the product along with how much parts over the life of the product will cost.
I also analyze the cost of doing business and make suggestions on how to streamline processes and lower spending.

Normally all this is pretty boring stuff but when your product blows stuff up or helps catch illegals crossing the border or help bring down drug dealers and in general help keep us and our men and women in uniform safe from harm its actually all very cool. This is our product

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: