Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

MSVCR80.dll HELP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
{uZa}TxGirl
Post Ho

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: MSVCR80.dll HELP Reply with quote

I had my computer worked on this week and Im trying to re install COD2 but I keep getting this message Executable 'D:\setup\rsrc\cod2.exe' had the following unrecoverable error: Couldnt find library MSVCR80.dll (required by C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL) Please ensure that it is installed.... okay so now what I tried to insatll it but that was a no go if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Author
{uZa}Lonesome Eagle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: MSVCR80.dll HELP Reply with quote

{HHM}TxGirl wrote:
I had my computer worked on this week and Im trying to re install COD2 but I keep getting this message Executable 'D:\setup\rsrc\cod2.exe' had the following unrecoverable error: Couldnt find library MSVCR80.dll (required by C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~\MICROS~1\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL) Please ensure that it is installed.... okay so now what I tried to insatll it but that was a no go if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

It's a known issue that seems to be related to your installation of Microsoft Office. The two ways I know of to fix it is to uninstall Microsoft Office, install COD2 then reinstall Office. Lots of work. The other method is to download this file:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr80

and put the msvcr80.dll file in the c:\windows\system32 folder.

Eagle

Author
{uZa}TxGirl
Post Ho

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much eagle I will do that!

Author
{uZa}Lonesome Eagle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you or whoever worked on your computer by any chance install Windows Defender?

________

Author
{uZa}TxGirl
Post Ho

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I didnt check but it installed right after i deleted microsoft office

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same exact problem. If any other problems arise, it's probably from some trace of Office still on your system. As soon as CoD is installed and working properly, you should be able to install Office again.

Author
:[GOB]:JackC
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a common problem, don't worry. I've had it myself. Simply downloading the .dll as Eagle suggested and placing it in the folder stated in the error message will cure this.

Smile

Author
{uZa}DeathByMunky
Post Ho

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that manually putting the dll in that folder will potentially cause problems. Something about future updates on the system would conflict with the file already being there.

Then again, I live in Alabama. Laughing Laughing

Author
:[GOB]:JackC
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if that's the case I better watch out. I've had to do it a few times and I haven't had any problems, yet. Shocked

Author
{uZa}Lonesome Eagle
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most comprehensive and recommended fix I have found (I had the same problem probably 9 months ago) was to get the Microsoft C Runtime Libraries and install them. This puts all the stuff needed to support programs written in C++ which require runtimes. Normally the runtime libraries get installed when you install Windows, and you don't have to do anything.

For some reason sometimes an installation of Microsoft Office 2003 screws up the links in the registry to the runtime libraries, and they instead point to the Microsoft Office directory. This is fine for most things, but some programs (Call of Duty 2 is one known program that has a problem with this) will get all discombobulated and anxious.

If you unzip this file:

ftp://uzaeagle.serveftp.com/vcredist_x86.zip

and install it, the libraries will be reinstalled and all set right as they were when you installed Windows. (and before you installed Office)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: