Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

Gaming mouse recommendation.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
:[GOB]:JackC
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Gaming mouse recommendation. Reply with quote

So I got the new PC, working good as gold. I chose to buy Vista OEM with money I had left on my birthday. I thought I wouldn't have to spend nothing else on it. Wrong! :p

Two weeks in and my Logitech MX518 mouse has packed in. The mouse will sometimes freeze for about 2-3 seconds then carry on good as gold. Other times it will just die completely and the red light at the bottom will not even be on, making it very frustrating to even attempt online gaming. I have tried various USB ports and have come to the conclusion that the laser is fcuked. I am currently using a 1998 Microsoft IntelliMouse (Ball controlled) and is really out of the question for gaming

Now as far as getting a new mouse was concerned, I couldn't really see an MX518 in stores or nothing and when I could, the prices were higher than what we payed before. I was looking at OverclockersUK (a site we have used many a time) and I have got my eyes on a Logtech G5 and a Razer Copperhead. Now after Googling 'G5 vs Copperhead' I am getting a rather balanced view. Both being excellent mice though. The G5 is cheaper but the performance on gaming (my primary use on PC) is far superior. So I was wondering if anyone had a Copperhead or G5 and would perhaps give their opinion? The presentation of the Copperhead really does shout "BADASS"

I like the G5 but it only has one side thumb button as opposed to the MX518's two thumb button setup, and as I use both for gaming it would be a bit of a sod.

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a razor boomslang and a G, now I am used to it the G is excellent,though i still miss my old Microsoft wireless infra red which was free and really good but its wonky lol.

http://tinyurl.com/yobjfs

Author
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'G'?, a G5?

Also, never heard of the Boomslang. I am only going to buy really from Overclockers as their prices are top notch and can be payed over the phone. Smile I'll take another look around see if they have this Boomslang.

Cheers matey Smile

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think my 5 broke lol yes its a g5

Author
{uZa}Having Fun
Post Ho

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Gaming mouse recommendation. Reply with quote

:[GOB]:JackC wrote:
I like the G5 but it only has one side thumb button as opposed to the MX518's two thumb button setup, and as I use both for gaming it would be a bit of a sod.

i use the G5 (2007 version) and it has 2 side buttons !
the old model just had 1 .
if you'll liked the mx518 you'll like this one as well .

Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running
around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music...

Author
.:Boo Radley:.
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buy an amd mouse

Author
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAWR!!!! NEVARGH!! Boo Laughing Laughing

Thanks for the info, Fun. Never knew they re released it with 2 thumb buttons. It did seem a step back from the MX518. I might order that if I can find one or that Copperhead next week after I sell my old (AMD) computer. Laughing

Author
sCaryDeth
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't go wrong with either mouse really. I prefer the G5 just because it's more comfortable in my hands.

Author
{uZa}ULTRA
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logitech 518 Very Happy

Author
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I decided I will go for the Razer Copperhead Tempest Blue 2000dpi mouse from PLAY.COM:
I would get another MX518 but I can't see them in the shops and for buying online we are kinda paranoid and buy only from sites with phone numbers to contact if we need to. Also, due to our account being stolen and all that fraud cobblers, our credit card is VERY specific on what sites it allows us to purchase from. So the phone number is handy if we need to make an order over the phone. Also, most sites we get some Visa security crap and it tells us to put in a password we been given. Only, we can't GET the password because we have gotta phone up the bank and it's a great deal of hassle. Luckily, Play.com doesn't come with this annoying security thing and allows us to buy there and then. And on Play.com I could only see the regular G5, not the 2007 edition. And the MX518 was out of stock.
So this is my new mouse:
http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/731973/Razer-Copperhead-Mouse-Tempest-Blue/Product.html

Smile
Thanks guys.

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have 200 mx518's at ebuyer and you canorder by phone takes a while at times.

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/search/?qfind=logitech+mx518

Author
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great find and I appreciate your time looking, but with ith posting and tax it comes to a quid higher than the Razer Copperhead which is £40 delivered. And as the Razer is meant to be far superior who am I to complain. If I can find an Mx518 for under £40 delivered then great.

I never thought about eBuyer, Pete buys from there a fair bit.

Cheers mate. I haven't ordered nothing yet as I need to get the money for my old computer.

Author
{uZa}Renegade
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you select the 5 day supersaver IE willing to have it delivered anytime then its £35 postage is free.

Author
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm interesting. Thanks for the information Ren. This 1997 ball mouse is giving me arthritis.

Author
Dupont
Post Ho

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've loved my G5 since I bought it the day they arrived at microcenter........! I have a 518 laying around somewhere......... Rolling Eyes

Life is sexually transmitted...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: