Main Site | Forum Index | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups |  Register |  Profile | Log in to check your private messages | Log in

looks good on paper ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author
.:Boo Radley:.
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: looks good on paper ? Reply with quote

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102707

$330.00

Author
:[GOB]:JackC
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps, but seriously, just wait for the 9xxx series from nVidia. Because nVidia is the way 'games are meant to be played'

Author
{uZa}Amok
Post Ho

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will this turn into the same discussion as we have seen before: AMD vs Intel? Very Happy J/K Wink

I am going to buy a new PC in a month or two and definitely need your advise, guys. I will therefore follow these very interesting threads!

Respect all, fear none!
Conscia mens recti, famae mendacia ridet.

Author
:[GOB]:JackC
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all Amok. I don't mind ATi (although I was slightly put off by one burning out so quick <_< ) but really, ATi have no match to nVidias new 9xxx series coming out in the next 2 months. The specs suggest over a 100% increase in performance over the 8800GTX and with the news on DirectX10.1 they might well just include that in the card but 10.1 could be a while off yet so don't quote me on that.
But I really think nVidia is ahead of the crowd here and they work hand in hand with Intel, as do ATi and.....AMD.

But in my opinion Amok. Go for a Quad Core and if you have the moolah, try and snag a new 9800 card when they are released. It will be sure to last a good while.

Avoid DDR3 memory if I were you. The performance increase isn't that great and doesn't warrent the disgusting price tags those sticks come with. Also, it may be time to start considering going the Vista route if you want DirectX10 and maximum compatability with the new hardware.

I hope this helped.

Author
{uZa}CrazySpinner
Physco Killa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an early review of this card from TweakTown. Not the same memory size, but I believe clocks are the same.

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/1189/his_radeon_hd_2900_pro_512mb_early_test/index.html

I got it from one of my RSS feeds. (Man I love RSS, I can get a ton of info in a short amount of time, and I don't have to do a lot of digging Smile )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unreal Zark Alliance Forum Index -> All Things Computers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: