Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge

Post subject: - - - Identity Theft - - -
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:30 pm 
Sexy Canadian
Sexy Canadian

I am just curious to see what everyone'e opinion is on this subject.

With my work I am faced with it everday and also see when someone does succeed with ...identity theft. (i work at a bank and since i have been there......only 3 years....ID standards sure have changed alot)....I am curious to see how everyone here protects themself from it or or how much they care about protecting themselves from those who use other people's identity......

Post subject: Re: - - - Identity Theft - - -
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:17 pm 
Has No Life!
Has No Life!

My protection... my Glock 40 S&W! J/K, I check my credit union account nearly everyday and our CU has fraud protection as a perk also. I try to be careful since my PayPal account was hacked several years ago. :| I shred everything that has our name on it too.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:17 pm 
SPAM Whore!
SPAM Whore!

I am not too worried about identity theft. What I think is more annoying is the fact that some people pretent to be someone else, i.e. by posting pictures that are not them, or pictures that are not theirs!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:53 pm 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

Back on topic. My sisters bank actually let someone set up a cheque account using a fake ID which then was linked to her savings account. They cleaned her out. You should not even be able to draw out of a savings account using cheques. Even though it was the banks glaring fault, it took her weeks to get her money back. How did they get your Paypal account UD ?

http://tinyurl.com/bqqrvx

Post Posted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:13 pm 
Sexy Canadian
Sexy Canadian

{uZa}Underdog wrote:
My protection... my Glock 40 S&W! J/K, I check my credit union account nearly everyday and our CU has fraud protection as a perk also. I try to be careful since my PayPal account was hacked several years ago. :| I shred everything that has our name on it too.

Sorry to hear that Doggie. I use paypal only for donations, but I do do (do do) a lot of online shopping and only sites I trust and go over all my transaction. And working at the bank makes it a lot easier to do that.

{uZa}Amok wrote:
I am not too worried about identity theft. What I think is more annoying is the fact that some people pretent to be someone else, i.e. by posting pictures that are not them, or pictures that are not theirs!

Unfortunately that is another area where people can be taken advantaged of....we have so much online interaction...facebook...twitter..gaming. And the ones usually hurt are the kind hearted, caring and honest ones.

{uZa}Renegade wrote:
Back on topic. My sisters bank actually let someone set up a cheque account using a fake ID which then was linked to her savings account. They cleaned her out. You should not even be able to draw out of a savings account using cheques. Even though it was the banks glaring fault, it took her weeks to get her money back. How did they get your Paypal account UD ?

Sorry to hear about your sister Ren. It does happen. We have had a couple cases like over the years. If we have a customer come in that is from a different branch and lost their debit card...visa ...and has Identification.....we drill them with questions about themselves...where they work....what they do..their last few transactions...if they can't answer...we tell them to go to their own branch. They sure have changed how we set up new accounts....signatures and Identification is not enough anymore..

Do you all use chip cards? How are your bank cards...credit cards set up?

We are slowly switching over...but i am sure someone has figured out to hack those already

Post Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:32 am 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

Chip and pin cards for us now.

http://tinyurl.com/bqqrvx

Post Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:32 am 
Has No Life!
Has No Life!

Ren, back a couple years ago PayPal was hacked and thousands of accounts were stolen. Now PayPal is much better and secure and I used it all the time! :)

Post Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:57 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I THINK PICTURE ID ON ALL CREDIT CARDS WOULD HELP A LOT.NOT SURE WHAT TO DO ABOUT CYBER THEFT.I DO SEE A LOT OF CREDIT PROTECTION COMPANYS OUT THERE FOR A FEE.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:34 pm 
Sexy Canadian
Sexy Canadian

{uZa}mattbaker wrote:
I THINK PICTURE ID ON ALL CREDIT CARDS WOULD HELP A LOT.NOT SURE WHAT TO DO ABOUT CYBER THEFT.I DO SEE A LOT OF CREDIT PROTECTION COMPANYS OUT THERE FOR A FEE.

I think that would be great,,,,though I am sure it costly. Last time i did a lot of shopping I used my credit card a lot and not once did the cashier check my signature.

Though for online shopping etc....that would be hard...a lot of people using stealing other credit...identity. Fortunately yet I have not been a victim of haven my credit stolen, though they wouldn't get much. ;)

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge