Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge

Post subject: You UK Gits Suck...........
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:41 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

You guys in the UK suck, because you get the good stuff and I am jealous! :evil:

I have never really liked the new style of motorcycles. I always admired the old, no fairing, engine showing, upright sitting position, traditional bikes. Well as some of you know, I plan on buying a bike after I graduate from college. So occasionally I take some time and do some drooling over bikes on the internet. My favorite bike has always been the Honda CBX, especially the 1982 Honda CBX with fairing removed.

Here’s the Honda CBX;

Now while doing some internet drooling I came across this guy that had a CBX and a newer Honda with a matching retro paint job.

Matching Paint Themes:

I really liked the new bike with the retro paint, and since it gets harder and harder to find a CBX in excellent condition due to the age, my interest was piqued. Unfortunately the guy did not post any info on the model, just pictures.

The Newer bike with retro paint scheme:

So I thought no problem, I will just go to the Honda website and find the bike. The closest I found was a Honda CB900F (919 Hornet).

Honda 900 Hornet:

I thought that maybe this was the bike in the picture. I went to a local dealer and checked one out. Very awesome bike, bike it looked a little different than the one in the picture. So I recently did some more web searching and then I realized that Honda makes several awesome bikes, but they are not released in the USA. This is why I could not find them on the North American Honda website.

They even make some similar but smaller models, but again not released in the USA. My wife wants a motorcycle too, so it would be cool to have matching styles but a smaller one for her. We plan on getting matching retro paint jobs too.

If only I could figure out how to import two bikes, one for her and one for me!?

Here are the smaller ones that my wife is interested in.

Honda 250 Hornet: (Might be too small)

Honda 400 Hornet: (This would be good or the 600)

There’s lots of Honda 600 Hornets available here because people have brought them in from Canada. This is probably what I will buy my wife, unless I can find a way to import a smaller one.

Honda 600 hornet:

And here is the bigger Hornet that is more of my liking.

This bike really makes me drool; I wish I could import one for myself. This is what was pictured in the matching Hondas with the retro paint scheme. Man, I really want one of these bad boys, but I will probably get stuck with the 900 Hornet since this would have to be imported.

Honda 1300 Hornet:

So that’s why I am jealous of you UK Gits!

Post subject: Re: You UK Gits Suck...........
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:53 am 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

Never get me on a bike again :) Though some bikes try to catch my Zed and fail :P

http://tinyurl.com/bqqrvx

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:47 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Oddly enough, other than the first 2 pics, all the bikes you showed are the lay-down-to-ride style...

You might want to consider the Honda Shadow, Suzuki Boulevard, or the Yamaha Star series if you want a comfortable cruising ride... I'm considering something a bit larger than the Rebel 250 I currently own for next year, and plan to give it to my step-daughter when I am done with it. It makes a great starter bike, has no problem keeping up (pronounced passing) on 38 heading out to SIA on almost a daily basis... I've had it up to 85, which is faster than anyone really needs to go on a bike, unless they're racing... It's also the same size as the bikes they use in the ABATE BRC, which I highly recommend for you and Mrs. Studdog, and anyone else who wants to start riding, or continue riding...

The Lord helps those who help themselves...
For everyone else, there's Democrats...

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:03 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

{uza}hitechredneck wrote:
Oddly enough, other than the first 2 pics, all the bikes you showed are the lay-down-to-ride style......

I disagree, I have been to a dealership and sat on a 919 Hornet and it is an upright traditional riding position. It may not be as laid back and relaxed as the models you mentioned, but it definitely is not a lay-down-to-ride style.
Here is a comparison of two currently available bikes that are both considered traditional riding positions:

Here’s an actual 1300 with a rider:

I do agree that a small bike is good for beginners. I started with a 200 Kawasaki when I was 16, I then moved to a 650 Honda Knighthawk. I must say the 650 was much safer. You can get run over when getting on the interstate on a 200. The 650 seemed to be perfect for a regular street driven bike. So I would like to get my wife rather the 400 or 600 Hornet. My wife is a tough cookie and is not intimidated by the power. As for me, I really want that 1300 Hornet. I have been on a few big bikes and having that power is definitely fun, but I am not one of those guys that speeds or does stupid stuff. So I would never be pushing it hard.

I have had a motorcycle license since I was 16, so I am well familiar with bike safety, but my wife will definitely be taking the classes with ABATE BRC. Definitely a smart idea for beginners!

Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:45 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Here are some awesome videos of the CB1300.
This man has some real talent! :shock: 8-)

Burnout:

Wheelie:

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:22 am 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

I had a crotch rocket and now that I'm older I would totally agree with a more traditional bike also. Maybe even a highway bike or a harley.

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge