Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge

Post subject: I Wonder How Fast He Was Going...
 Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:46 am 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

The Lord helps those who help themselves...
For everyone else, there's Democrats...

Post subject: Re: I Wonder How Fast He Was Going...
 Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:23 am 
SPAM Whore!
SPAM Whore!

Seems like the speedometer was frozen at about 110 km/h... (=65 mph) :shock: I double that speed almost daily... :shock:

I notice that the airbags were not activated. Not that it would have helped a lot... :?

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:30 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

They just don't make cares the way they used to. Why in my day a car was made of metal and would have simply wrapped itself AROUND the tree instead of breaking up. n5

I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery!

Post Posted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:11 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Musta tried to hit the breaks and spin out in an attempt to avoid contact, or something. From the first picture, with the door wrapped around the tree, you can tell that was where the impact was, and that tree sliced the thing right in two. Sucker must have been hauling it to have a tree slice it like that! :shock: :shock:

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:15 am 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Amok, it looks like the speedo was locked at about 85mph, unless that is kph? But for that kind of damage, I would say it is highly likely it was over 100mph at the time of the collision. Wierd too, because Audi has a great vehicle stability control set up that adjusts speed and brakes when you lose control. It looks like it was an Audi A4, too. Based on the crashes I have investigated, I would have to say he/she was over 120mph to cause that much damage that is split the car in two, and threw the engine out of its mounting bolts. Course I was not there, so I can not tell how far stuff if thrown about, as well as skid marks all figure into the calculation of speed, along with the amount of crush.

Had to be teens driving or some drunk idiot. At least they did not take anyone else with them!

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:10 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

DAAAAAAAMN!!!!

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:05 pm 
SPAM Whore!
SPAM Whore!

{uZa}Col. Hogan wrote:
Amok, it looks like the speedo was locked at about 85mph, unless that is kph? But for that kind of damage, I would say it is highly likely it was over 100mph at the time of the collision. Wierd too, because Audi has a great vehicle stability control set up that adjusts speed and brakes when you lose control. It looks like it was an Audi A4, too. Based on the crashes I have investigated, I would have to say he/she was over 120mph to cause that much damage that is split the car in two, and threw the engine out of its mounting bolts. Course I was not there, so I can not tell how far stuff if thrown about, as well as skid marks all figure into the calculation of speed, along with the amount of crush.

Had to be teens driving or some drunk idiot. At least they did not take anyone else with them!

Hogan, you are right. A speed of about 60 mph would not cause a car to be split in two. It must have been a lot faster than that. The car hit the tree sideways, therefore the speedometer was not showing the correct speed, I think...

BTW, I think it was an A3. A4's do not come with two or three doors.

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:46 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

I was curious and did some Google searching and found this crash posted 2yrs ago into a video of the snap shots.
Someone had posted the following comment (not saying it's true, just what I found):

that this happened in Poland, near Bydgoszcz or Białystok-I don't remember exactly.3 guys and a girl dead on site.police said they got out of the road straight into the trees at aproximetely 170 km/h or 105mph.They were coming back from a party=the driver was drunk:(Don't drink and drive-smoke and fly:)

Here's the to the video if you care to see, just the images set to some techno/house type music.

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:18 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

{uZa}Amok wrote:
{uZa}Col. Hogan wrote:

Hogan, you are right. A speed of about 60 mph would not cause a car to be split in two. It must have been a lot faster than that. The car hit the tree sideways, therefore the speedometer was not showing the correct speed, I think...

BTW, I think it was an A3. A4's do not come with two or three doors.

Good call brother, my old eyes didn't see the rear, however it could be an A4 Cabriolet or the S4 Cabriolet, both are 2 doors, but they are convertables. It could also be an A5 or S5 which are 2 doors. Most A3's at least here in the US are 4 door wagons. Oh well, one less idiot/poor driver off the orads!

Post Posted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:49 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Wellll, it could be a Cadillac Seville, but it ain't! :roll:

I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery!

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge