Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge

Post subject: {uZa}Mother_Dstruction
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:09 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

On wednesday of last week my Mom had a heart attack in Arkansas, so I rushed up here to be with her. Tim said some of you were asking about me, and had offered your thoughts and prayers, and for that I thank you. My mom raised 5kids cutting hair, we didn't have much but we had what we needed. She's our whole world, so this was some very difficult news for me. She had surger on friday, had one artery that was 95% blocked, one 75 and the other two 50%. They cleaned out the two worse ones, and said they could treat the others with med's. Apparently she also had a mild stroke, and is having trouble with her right arm and leg, and her speach is slured at times. But they say these issues should resolve with time and therapy. I guess you know this call is comeing one day, but your never prepared for it. I'd just like to say again thanks for your concern and support for our family, I never could have found a better group of friends! Love ya'll, mean it!

{uZa}Maj_D

Post subject: Re: {uZa}Mother_Dstruction
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:37 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

We're here for ya, pal!

I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:19 am 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

TREASURE EVERY MINUTE YOU HAVE MAJ_D, I MISS MY MUM EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF EVERY SINGLE DAY. LIKE YOU SHE WAS THE HUB OF EVERY ASPECT OF MY LIFE, NOTHING COULD BE THAT BAD AS LONG AS MOTHER WAS THERE TO FALL BACK ON. IT HURTS KNOWING THERE IS AN EMPTY PLACE WITHOUT HER.
LIKE YOUR MUM, OUR MOTHER MADE GREAT SACRIFICES TO KEEP US HEALTHY AND HAPPY AND MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU AND EAGLE AND AMOK IN YOUR TRIALS WITH PROBLEMS OF AGE CREEPING UP ON MOM.
STAY STRONG AND KNOW THAT JUST BEING THERE IS THE GLUE THAT HELPS HOLD YOU ALL TOGETHER.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:10 am 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

Hang in there Maj... I'm sending all my best wishes.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:03 am 
Sexy Canadian
Sexy Canadian

I am very sorry to hear about your mother, she sounds like an amazing person. My thoughts and prayers are with your family and especially your mother.

Hang in there.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:16 am 
Has No Life!
Has No Life!

Sorry to hear that news MD, hope she recovers. We'll say an extra prayer for her.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:00 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

MD,wishing Gods speed in your mom's recovery.Make sure you tell her what you just shared with us about your great mom.To many times we wait to say nice things about our loved ones after they have gone.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:35 pm 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Thank you all so much! Mom got to come home today, and we are busy going over the new diet, medication therapy etc. I feel alot better, she seems to be doing alot better today than I'd seen her in the past few day's. The Dr's say the stroke was mild and she should recover just fine, but you still don't want to see Mom in that shape, been doing alot of walking with her today. She's still weak in arms and legs, but her speach seems to be alot better, havent noticed any/much sluring tonight, so were very encourged that she will be fussing at us real soon. It's going to be hard, but I'll have to head back down to Mississippi soon, but i'm confident now she'll be ok. Again, thanks for all your concern, it really means alot to our family.

p.s. first thing i'm going to do is find out who supplies cable/dsl round here, still on dial up at mothers, and 44kbs just sucks a great big ol' green donkey..............you know. See ya soon..

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge