Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » {uZa}GENERAL FORUMS » The Lounge

Post subject: NO DEDICATED CALL OF DUTY MW2 SERVERS
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:09 pm 
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

Title speaks for it's self....... IW has ruined the future of PC modders and mappers with this..... please sign the petition....

http://www.petitiononline.com/dedis4mw/petition.html

Post subject: Re: NO DEDICATED CALL OF DUTY MW2 SERVERS
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:15 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

I have signed the petition, good to hear from you, we need to have a LAN party soon. Are you up for it?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:41 pm 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

Hey D.O.A. it's good to see you.Of course you know I really can't see you right? Get on sometime and visit us. mus1)

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:48 am 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

I am not sure what is going on with this, but check out CustomCOD.com's server, and their post here: http://customcod.com/community/index.php

This is disturbing to PC gamers.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:09 am 
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

I'm sorry, but we as PC gamers don't want someone to tell us what servers to play on this is crap..... I also would like to point out with this system we as a clan will not be allowed to play together.... The IWNET will put us in the server they think is "best" for us....... It will also cut the number of players on those servers to 12-16.... They are treating us PC gamers as if it was our first day in front of a monitor.... Hello we are PC gamers and do not need to be spoon fed like the 10-year-old console gamers... Oh this also means new maps will have to be bought just like they are for console gamers .... I'm sorry but I will not spend money on a game just to turn around and spend more more for maps/mods...

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:11 am 
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

{uZa} Jobbones wrote:
I have signed the petition, good to hear from you, we need to have a LAN party soon. Are you up for it?

Time and place bones let me know buddy

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:47 am 
Sexy Canadian
Sexy Canadian

D.O.A good to cya. I hope you are doing well.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:13 am 
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Does anyone read anymore? This is from Custom COD.com

Playlists and Private Matches: As I described above, Playlists are pre-set game modes and gametypes for public games. If you just want to jump into a public game of Search and Destroy or Hardcore Search and Destroy and you don’t care about fully customizing it, then you can utilize playlists to do that quickly for you.

Then there is this

However, say you’re in a clan and you want to play a Clan match with another team, or you want to practice for an upcoming tournament that has specific rules in a private game. Then you can start a Private Match (which is essentially like running your own private server) where you have complete control over the rules, who can join, boot players you don’t want, and essentially control the entire game or tweak it to your liking. Once the rules are set, you can invite the other team in or just start it up with your clan to practice with the custom rules before the match. This now allows you to play custom games out of the box without the need to install mods, find a modded server with the rules you like, or worry about not being in control of the match.

Please folks read everything for yourself before going crazy. I know this is the pot calling the kettel black but...

BTW there is also this

Party System and Friendslist: Modern Warfare 2 on PC also makes it much easier if you want to party up with your friends, or again, with your clan for a match. You can utilize the friendslist to see when your friends are online, and invite them to your Party. A Party allows you to move from game to game as a group. It’s great for clan matches, because you can party of with your clan and move from public game to public game together. Or if you’re doing a scrim, party up and invite the other clan (who is in a party) and they’ll all join at once. Set up a private match together and play. It makes setting up scrims or games with friends easier and hassle free.

Cheat / Hack Free Games: The biggest benefit of using IWnet by far is the fact that you don’t have to worry about joining a server full of aim-bots, wallhacks, or cheaters. Or relying on the server admin of the server to constantly be monitoring, banning, and policing it. Modern Warfare 2 on PC allows us to control the quality of the game much more than ever before as well as utilizing the VAC (Valve-Anti-Cheat) system to keep games clean of hackers and cheaters.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:44 am 
Loves to Spam
Loves to Spam

There is a thread running in the members section with information :)

http://tinyurl.com/bqqrvx

Post Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:04 pm 
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

{uza}recon_marine wrote:
Does anyone read anymore? This is from Custom COD.com

Playlists and Private Matches: As I described above, Playlists are pre-set game modes and gametypes for public games. If you just want to jump into a public game of Search and Destroy or Hardcore Search and Destroy and you don’t care about fully customizing it, then you can utilize playlists to do that quickly for you.

Then there is this

However, say you’re in a clan and you want to play a Clan match with another team, or you want to practice for an upcoming tournament that has specific rules in a private game. Then you can start a Private Match (which is essentially like running your own private server) where you have complete control over the rules, who can join, boot players you don’t want, and essentially control the entire game or tweak it to your liking. Once the rules are set, you can invite the other team in or just start it up with your clan to practice with the custom rules before the match. This now allows you to play custom games out of the box without the need to install mods, find a modded server with the rules you like, or worry about not being in control of the match.

Please folks read everything for yourself before going crazy. I know this is the pot calling the kettel black but...

BTW there is also this

Party System and Friendslist: Modern Warfare 2 on PC also makes it much easier if you want to party up with your friends, or again, with your clan for a match. You can utilize the friendslist to see when your friends are online, and invite them to your Party. A Party allows you to move from game to game as a group. It’s great for clan matches, because you can party of with your clan and move from public game to public game together. Or if you’re doing a scrim, party up and invite the other clan (who is in a party) and they’ll all join at once. Set up a private match together and play. It makes setting up scrims or games with friends easier and hassle free.

Cheat / Hack Free Games: The biggest benefit of using IWnet by far is the fact that you don’t have to worry about joining a server full of aim-bots, wallhacks, or cheaters. Or relying on the server admin of the server to constantly be monitoring, banning, and policing it. Modern Warfare 2 on PC allows us to control the quality of the game much more than ever before as well as utilizing the VAC (Valve-Anti-Cheat) system to keep games clean of hackers and cheaters.

You are still talking about a totally controlled environment.... Iw.NET is nothing more than their way of controlling everything...good luck finding maps without paying for them...

Post Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:18 pm 
Expert Poster
Expert Poster

not buying this game

fourzerotwo
GAMER. GEEK. BLOGGER.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:07 am 
Mucho Posto!
Mucho Posto!

I'll just pirate the SP.. n4